Chapter 37

{Song in video: Cashmere Cat ft. Ariana Grande - Adore}

Lauren and I were currently baking Kurt's wedding cake because him and his fiancee knew we baked, so they had called Beckham's Bakery, and Mrs. Beckham had picked up the phone. Of course when they had asked her, she automatically told them yes that we could bake the wedding cake.

"I can't believe your mom told them that we could bake a wedding cake," I groaned while Lauren and I were attempting to make another wedding cake. Like the time before, the wedding got ruined, so we had to make another one. We accidentally bumped into it, and it fell on the floor. It was highly disappointing to say the least because it looked great.

"I can't either," Lauren muttered. "We have to make a three later vanilla cake, and it's hard to stack it."

"Tell me about it." We were carefully stacking the second layer of cake. Once we stacked it, we carefully made sure it wouldn't topple over. We let out a sigh of relief when we stacked it perfectly.

"Is Marcus going to DJ for the wedding?" She gave me a curious look.

I nodded my head. "Yup he is." I smiled.

"Awesome!" She squealed, and I laughed.

All of a sudden, I smelled something strange. "Hey, do you smell that?" I gave her a confused look, and then both our eyes widened.

"The cake!" We shrieked at the same time, and quickly opened the oven. The third layer of cake was basically burnt!

"It's burnt!" Lauren exclaimed, and then looked at the timer. "Oh no wonder, I forgot to set the time." She winced.

"Well this sucks," I mumbled, crossing my arms.

Raj came in, and then looked confused. "Something smells burnt," he stated.

I took a deep breath, and then sighed. "Yeah we accidentally overcooked the cake a little," I said.

"Is this the wedding cake?" He pointed at the two layers of cake that Lauren and I baked so far.

I nodded. "Yeah. We're having...difficulties."

"Tell me about it," Lauren grumbled. "At this rate, we'll never get this done."

"Do you need some help? I'd be willing to help," Raj offered, giving us a tiny smile.

Lauren and I glanced at each other, and then nodded in agreement. "Sure, we could use some help," I said, grinning.

All of a sudden, Felix, Remi, Takara, and Kristen came in the kitchen.

"Did you burn something?" Remi asked us, scrunching her face in disgust.

"Was there a recent fire?" Felix asked.

"Yes we accidentally burnt the cake, and no there wasn't any fire," Lauren replied casually.

They offered to help us, and we let them. It took a little while, but it was almost worth it in the end. We had fun baking a cake, layering, and decorating it together.

"I didn't realize making a cake could be so tiring," Remi said, and yawned.

"Well it is a wedding cake after all," Felix said, giving her an amused smile.

"Know it all." She mumbled, and jokingly smacked his arm.

"We should all bake wedding cakes on a regular basis," Raj said, grinning.

"No!" Lauren and I exclaimed at the same time. All of us burst out laughing.

Mrs. Beckham came in the kitchen, and then looked amused when she noticed all of us laughing. "What's going on here?" She asked.

"They all helped us bake since we had so much trouble with it," Lauren said.

"Really? That's great! I'm proud of everyone." She smiled, looking impressed.

"Please don't make us do this on a regular basis." She whined.

She hugged her. "I won't. I understand wedding cakes are difficult, but you all did great! If I ever decide to have that done on a regular basis, I'd teach you two first." She smiled.

"That would be fun," I said, grinning at her.

Lauren gave me a look, raising her eyebrows. I burst out giggling.

"This cake looks excellent," Mrs. Beckham said. "Tell you what, you guys pick anything you want to eat. It'll be on me." She smiled.

Everyone grinned, and then went to order different types of desserts, and snacks.

"This is great. I wish I came to this place sooner to try out the desserts," Kristen said, taking a bite of her sugar cookie.

"Now you know this place is great," Takara said, grinning. She turned to Raj, and smirked. "Raj knows, he comes here every day."

"You all make the best desserts, no joke," Raj said, turning to Lauren and I.

"Awww thanks," I said, and then I kissed him.

"After this, we should all come hang out at my place." Raj smiled, glancing at everyone.

"Sounds great!" I chirped gleefully.

We quickly cleaned up, and then we got ready to go to Raj's house.

A little while later, we went inside his house, and went in the living room. Mrs. Singh's eyebrows rose in surprise, and then she smiled. "Looks like we have guests," she said. She introduced herself to my friends, and greeted all of us.

Javed and Tommy came downstairs, and then Remi groaned. "What's he doing here?" She muttered to herself.

"Hey sis!" Tommy exclaimed to her, having an obnoxious wide smile on his face.

I couldn't help but burst out giggling. Remi gave me a look, but I continued giggling. "He's your little brother!" I said to her in between giggles.

"Yeah my little brother who stuck my pads all over my bedroom walls!" She hissed, giving Tommy an annoyed look. He just laughed, keeping the goofy wide grin on his face.

Felix turned around, looked at us, and then blinked. "Did I just hear that correctly?" He said, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Yup," Lauren answered, laughing. "That sort of thing happens a lot in the Marino household."

"Oh." He winced, giving Remi a sympathetic look.

Kristen turned to me. "Good thing we don't have a little brother," she said, shuddering.

"I know right?" I said, giggling.

"Anybody want any food, snacks, or drinks? Everything is in the kitchen," Mrs. Singh said to us.

We went in the kitchen, and ate some food. "Mmm...what is this?" Takara asked Raj after she swallowed a bite of her snack.

"These are aloo puffs," Raj replied.

She blinked a few times. "Well it tastes really good. I love it." She grinned.

"Thank you!" Mrs. Singh said cheerfully.

Raj turned to us. "You guys want to go in the living room?" He asked us.

We nodded, and then went into the living room to talk, hang out, and play different games.

**********

A/N: Kaci and Lauren were baking Kurt's wedding cake, which was disastrous at first, but when the rest of their friends, and boyfriends help them, then they had a lot more fun, and the cake turned out great! :)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT