Chapter 21

{Song in video: Sara Bareilles - Gravity}

I was working the cash register at the bakery. Raj came in, and I took a five minute break to talk to him, and kiss him. He had a notebook with him. "What's that?" I asked, pointing at the notebook.

"Oh this? Nothing important," Raj said. "You're the most wonderful person ever." He grinned, making me blush.

I grinned. "Oh, stop it!" I said, giggling.

"It's true." He smiled, pulling me in for another kiss.

"And you're the sweetest guy ever." I smiled.

"I'm so happy I met you. Even if we haven't met at the bakery, we still would have met each other at school. Of course, I wouldn't know that you sing and dance in your car." He gave me an amused smile.

"Ugh, you still say stuff about that?" I whined.

"Yup." He kissed me again, and I felt him smiling.

Lauren came outside. "I don't mean to interrupt you lovebirds, but Kaci I really need your help. This place is swamped with customers today, and it's overwhelming," she said, wincing.

"Oh okay, I'll get right back to work," I told her.

"Good." She went back inside. She was also working the cash register, and taking orders.

I looked up at Raj. "I'm so sorry, I'll see you later." I smiled.

"It's alright, I understand. Have fun working the cash register, and taking orders," Raj teased. He knew I didn't really like doing that.

"Be quiet." I playfully shoved him, giggling.

"Make me." He challenged, raising his eyebrows.

"Fine." I jumped on him, and he dropped the notebook, and held me as I kissed him. I jumped back off of him. "See?"

"Okay, that was too cute." He smiled. "You better get back to the customers now before Lauren has a meltdown."

"Right." I winced. "See you later!"

"Alright, bye." He smiled as he walked away. He left the notebook on the ground.

I was tempted to look at it, but I hesitated for a few moments. Then, after about a minute, I decided to look at the notebook. There were poems about some girl, and there was a picture of her. Apparently, her name was Shoshanna Reeves. I frowned while looking at it. A few of them were love poems.

After a few minutes, I hurriedly went back inside before Mrs. Beckham came out, and wondered what was going on. "I'm back!" I exclaimed to Lauren, going back to my spot. I put the notebook next to me.

"Thank God," Lauren sighed of relief.

I nodded, and went to the other cash register. I felt slightly sad, but I was trying to shrug off the feeling. I kept glancing at the notebook.

Lauren must have noticed my facial expression because she went up to me. "Kaci, what's wrong?" Her voice was filled with concern.

"This." I gave her the notebook, and frowned.

"Hold on." She quickly went to her mom, and then she came back to me. "Okay, let's talk."

"Do you think this is a big deal?" I asked, giving her the notebook.

She flipped through the pages. "Is this Raj's?"

"Apparently, but he left it on the ground though. He carried it around earlier, and I asked what it was, but he brushed me off, and said it was nothing."