Chapter 18

{Song in video: Jason Mraz - I'm Yours}

It's been a few weeks since Raj and I started dating, and we were happy and getting more comfortable with each other.

Lauren and I walked into the kitchen bakery. We were attempting to make a wedding cake that someone had requested. We never did one before, but we were learning how to from some of our coworkers. So far, we failed two times.

"Ugh this sucks," Lauren groaned as we were trying to make the cake for the third time.

"Tell me about it," I mumbled.

Just then, someone came up behind me, and covered my eyes. "Guess who," I heard a voice say behind me.

I smiled to myself since I recognized the voice. "Raj!" I exclaimed.

"Correct!" He put his hands down, and then kissed me.

"Ugh, Raj stop kissing Kaci. We're trying to make a wedding cake," Lauren said.

We continued kissing, and when we pulled away, he said, "A wedding cake? You all know how to make those?"

"Not really," I said with a frown. "We already failed twice."

"This sucks," Lauren whined. "We have to get it done though."

"Okay, I won't distract you all anymore, but can I at least hang out here? My parents are home, and they'll make me do chores and what not if I'm there," Raj said.

"Sure." Lauren sighed. Lauren and I got back to work, and baked the wedding cake. "After we take the cake out of the oven, we will try decorating this cake again. We can't mess up this time."

It was true, making a wedding cake was hard work. "Okay, we can do this," I said.

The kitchen door opened, and Raj quickly hid behind the side of the stove.

"How's the cake coming along girls?" Mrs. Beckham asked Lauren and I.

"We're almost done, all we need to do is decorate it," Lauren replied.

"Since this is your third try, I'll help you all with this one." She helped us decorate the cake. "Voila! And that's how it's done." She grinned.

"This looks great!" Lauren shrieked with joy.

"I'm so proud of this cake!" I exclaimed, grinning.

"I'm proud of you all two. See, that's not too bad, isn't it? You two can decorate cakes," Mrs. Beckham said, smiling. She turned toward the stove. "You can come out, Raj. I know you've been there the whole time."

Raj slowly got up from the floor, having a guilty look on his face. "Sorry Mrs. Beckham," he said.

"It's fine, dear." She chuckled, and then turned back to us. "I'll check up on the rest of my workers." She walked out of the kitchen.

"Raj, Kaci and I did it! We made the cake!" Lauren exclaimed, grinning.

"I can see that," Raj said, smiling. He came up to me. "I'm proud of you. I know you worked hard on this, and you didn't give up." He put his hands behind my head, and kissed me.

"Thanks," I said softly as we pulled away.

"Hey, aren't you proud of me? I helped with the cake too, you know," Lauren said, jokingly squinting her eyes at him.

"I'm proud of you too, Lauren." He chuckled. He turned back to me.

"Hey, do you want to come over later, after my shift is over?" I asked him.