Chapter 52 - Free

I sit waiting, staring, hearing. He takes a long pause the survey them before his eyes land on me. I scrutinise him with my gaze, challenging him to go against my will and he reveals a faint sinister smile. I don't change my expression though I want to so bad.
He sighs and finally speaks. 
"All charges will be removed and I now declare these 9 boys rehabilitated and free"
I sigh in relief along with 9 other people. 
"However laws still apply to you" he warns. He bangs the gravel and leaves and we slowly exist the building not making a sound. Ayaan looks incredibly confused but still doesn't say anything.  Once we see daylight we all cheer. We scream as loud as we can and crush each other in a group hug.
"We're free man!" Zach says with pure happiness on his face and hugs Daniel. Daniel laughs and hugs him back.
"Yes bro!" I stand back and watch the 9 boys hug each other in happiness. They're no longer chained, no longer tied down. They're free.

"So how we going to party?" I ask
"Before you say anything. I don't give a damn if you've never had a drink or if you haven't had a drink in ages. This party will be halal!" I interrupt.  They grin and crush me into a hug.
"We're going to party how we usually do!" Will says
"But slightly better" I grin. "Ok so you guys will be staying at Ibrahim's house and when we get home you will take a good shower and then rest alright?"
"God we just get let out and she's already started bossing us about" Felix says rolling his eyes and I glare at him. He notices and smiles sheepishly "and I love it when you boss us about!" He adds
I roll my eyes and get them in the van that I borrowed from Ashley.
"Guys guess what!" I say
"What?"
"I can drive!"
"No way!"
I get in the drivers seat and start to drive.

"So Ayaan" Daniel starts. Oh no.
"Yeah"
"When did you lay eyes on my little sister?" He stares him down.
"After our nikkah" Ayaan raises his eyebrows.
"Why did you want to marry her?"
"Guys!" I stop them "Stop it!"
"Wow she's already taking his side" Felix says I glare at him through the mirror and he smiles sheepishly. "And I love it when you take others' side" I roll my eyes again.
"Just stop we've arrived" I let them look out of the window and they murmur in awe.
"Sick house" they all agree with Zach
"It's Nuh's"
"I don't want to live here" Daniel says and they all agree with him.
"Chill guys it's only for a few days"
We get out of the car and I take them inside. 

Ibrahim is stood there with banners up and balloons. The guys stare in shock at him.
"Daniel man!" Ibrahim says and Daniel rushes to him to give him a hug. "Guys meet our little sister's little brother" Daniel smirks. They all went up to him and start talking. 
"Right get to your rooms now. Chef where's Alex?" I ask
"She's gone to pick up some food"
"Right could you take them to their rooms please?" He agrees and leads the way. 

I walk into my room and call Ayaan's mum.
"Assalaamualaikum" I say and she replies.
"Why have you suddenly decided to call me?"
"You saw the news?"
"Yes dear. How are you coping?"
"Alright. I guess. Do you want us to come home?"
"Well it is your home. Of course I do. Yusra misses you both"
"I've got all my brothers over today and I wanted to spend time with them so is it OK if we come tommorow?"
"I would expect so. I wouldn't let you come today"
"Why not?"
"These people helped you so much the least you could do is spend time with them" I chuckle at her words
"Thank you"
"No problem dear"
We say our salaams and end the call. 

I turn around to leave the room and check on the guys but Ayaan comes to view.
"Hey" I breathe
"Hi" he comes closer causing these weird feelings in my stomach.
"You ok?" He asks
"Yeah"
"Good" he smiles making my heart melt.
He comes closer and kisses my forehead.
"I'm so happy for you Zayna"
"Thanks" I smile.
"So-"
"Yo Zay- Er" I look to see Travis "I'll er come back later" he quickly says and bolts out the door. I roll my eyes. The house seems to lively now!

I leave my room to make sure all of them are sleeping and then we all start setting up the party.

I never knew Nuh put so much work into the huge balacony on the top floor. He even created an oval glass roof so you can see the stars so beautifully. We set up tables and sofas and blankets and sleeping bags and food and games a big TV screen. This will the most fun night ever!