Chapter 21 - Half of the truth

I have finally reached where I wanted to. I am now Nuh's partner in business, fully aware of what to do and how to do it. I know how to manage the business better then him but obviously I can't allow it to show because if I know Nuh he will do something to make me stop working permanently.

"Dad we have a meeting in an hour. I've prepared the presentation and the speech for you"
"Zayna, would you mind delivering both of them today. I have a really bad headache, it would better if you did it"

"Erm. I don't think I'm ready"
"I know you are Zayna, please. This is an important meeting, if it goes wrong we will face a huge loss"

I pretend to think for a while before nodding reluctantly. I turn away from him and smirk. Yesterday I mixed a drug in his water while we ate dinner. I knew he would get dizzy and fall into deep sleep waking up with a huge headache worse than a hangover... Well that's what Daniel said.

We walk into the room and I see a lot of people sat at an oval table. They look incredibly powerful sophisticated. I walk to the front and straighten my clothes. They look at me, some showing fear on their faces others hiding it well but I can see through their facade.

I clear my throat and start the presentation.

An applause goes around the room and I look at their satisfied faces.
They ask me a few questions which I answer with ease.
"Mr Ali, I am very pleased with this meeting. You chose the right person to deliver it, by the look and actions of our colleagues I assume we are all very proud and are looking into joining you in this project. I will definitely be in touch" this man says, he has a bald head and is quite... Erm fat.

"Indeed I have chosen the right person" Nuh said looking at me with a smile which I returned.
"I saw some errors during your presentation which I would like to change, are you willing in allowing me to make modifications" this other man says with a raised eyebrow. He looks quite young, with jet black hair and grey eyes. I immediately look at Nuh.

"Well-" Nuh starts.
"I was talking to the girl" he interrupts glaring at Nuh before turning his gaze to me.
He gestures for me to answer.

"Of course, if we are going to be in co-operation then we must be willing to hear new ideas as that will only make the project better therefore allowing more profit to be made. We have to be considerate as to what ideas though because it shouldn't make changes to the primary purpose"

The man nods in satisfaction. I avert my eyes to Nuh who looks angry. Very angry.

The man would not stop looking at me through the rest of the meeting, it was really uncomfortable.

We all stood up when the meeting was over and I watched as they all left. Apart from that man. He walked to me.
"I am willing to join you in business for this project, perhaps we should discuss over a lunch" he says. He keeps a straight face and looks really professional.

I fold my arms.
"Well I have mentioned before I am not the leader of this project, Mr Ali is so the lunch should be with him. Not me"
He looks at me in the eyes and it takes everything in my control to not look away. Astagfirullah.

"Do you know who I am?" He asks trying to be scary. As if mate!
"Do you know who I am?" I ask him.
He leans back against the table, ok I know I haven't mentioned it before but he doesn't look bad in looks.

"Who are you?" He asks as if challenging me.
"Well, if I tell you my name you won't know me but I'm known as The Muslim criminal" I shrug.

I watch as his mouth opens.
"You're The Muslim Criminal"
I shrug.
"But you look-" he clears his throat.
"Are you not interested in who I am?"
"The meeting is over Sir, I am quite busy so if you please excuse me"
I say trying to walk away. Trying is the key word. He grabs my wrist and pulls me back. My back is against his chest.