Chapter 3 - First day of school

There's a buzzing next to me making me wake up. What is it? I look around and see it's the phone that Ibrahim gave me.
"Alarm 1" I read.
Ibrahim comes in my room.
"Since I can't wake you up physically because that leads to me being harmed I put an alarm on for you"
"Aww so sweet" I grin teasingly making him roll his grey eyes.
"Come on, lets read Fajr" he says eagerly.
"I need to have a shower first which might take some time. You read now and I'll read later"
"Alright then"
He places the prayer mat on the floor as I go to the bathroom and have a shower. Once I'm done I notice that Ibrahim has left my room.
I read my prayer then start getting ready.

I pick out a white long dress with a black long jacket and pair it with a necklace and jeans. I'm putting on my peach coloured scarf when Ibrahim comes in.
He sits on my bed and watches me. "Why are you looking at me like that?"
"I dunno, just happy that you're my sister" he grins. I shake my head at him but can't stop the smile on my face.
"Erm thanks"
"Come on, I'm starving let's go eat"

We race downstairs and I take two toasts for me but instead of me eating both of them, Ibrahim eats one.
"Thanks for eating half of my breakfast, it's not like I wanted that" I say sarcastically. He smirks and sticks his tongue out.
"You're welcome"
We drink our juice then get out.
"Are we not driving together?" I ask, looking at the two cars.
"No we go to two different schools, but I want you to pick me up after. Alright?"
"Ok"
I get into the black car and the driver takes me to a big building.
"Thanks" I say and he nods towards me. I get out of the car and hear a bell ring. Suddenly people are rushing inside. I, on the other hand, wait till everyone has gone then make my way inside. The hallways are empty and there's no one around.
I don't know where I'm going at all. My phone buzzes and I see that Ibrahim is calling me.
"Shouldn't you be at classes now" I ask
"You should be too"
"Touche"
I hear him laughing which makes me smile.
"I know you're lost" he says
"How?"
"First day, obviously you're going to be lost. Anyways, you need to find the reception which I think is the office you first saw then the people will take you to the head teacher's office. By the way, your full name is Zayna Ali"
"It is?" Don't judge, I've never got told my full name!
"Yeah, our parents-"
"Your parents" I cut in
"Whatever, they own the Ali company that's how everyone knows them"
"Alright then"
"See ya sissy"
"See ya lil bro" I mock.

I walk to the first office I saw and see that it is the reception.
"Excuse me" I say
The lady looks up and I see fear fill her eyes. I sigh impatiently. Don't tell me this is how it's going to be.
"I'm guessing you know me" I say bored.
"Y-yes. Erm, Miss Zayna Ali." she hesitantly gets up and looks around the corridor. She spots this boy and calls him over.
"Miss Zayna this is Jacob, the school role model. He will take you to the head office" I nod as I start to walk behind him. She basically just dropped me off to some randomer because she was too scared. Such a nice lady!

"You're the criminal everyone's talking about?"
"Well let's see, I'm known as a criminal and people are talking about me. You do the math"
He chuckles.
"Just a heads up, this school is shit"
"That's not something a role model should be saying"
"Well no, but I thought I might as well try to be friends with you on your level"
What does he mean by my level?
"You're not giving me a good impression"
"I'll try and do better" he smiles but I don't.
"Don't bother"

"Come in" I hear after a few knocks on the door.
I walk in and see a man. He looks as if he's in his mid-forties. He looks up and straightens his posture.
"Ah, Miss Ali. Please have a seat" he says in a overly posh voice.
I sit down.
"Before we start anything I would appreciate it if you got searched"
I don't think my left eyebrow can go any higher, it's not even both it's just my right.
"Searched?"
"Please do not think any of it, it's for safety precautions only. We want to search you to see if there are any weapons"
What the actual hell!
I look at the now opened door and see two ladies.
"If you wanted me searched why the hell would you tell me to sit down. It's just wasting time ain't it?"
He swallows hard but doesn't say anything as the two ladies make me show I have no weapons. They check my bag and once they're done they leave.