Chapter 47 - Nuh's Anger

I compelled Ibrahim to stay over and easily convinced Ayaan and Ami since they had no objection in the first place. Luckily they had a guest room where he could stay.

After such a long day I walk into Ayaan's room. It's my first time being here and his room is surprisingly tidy. I'd have thought he's a messy person.

Ayaan walks in while I'm taking off the bangles and he makes his way towards me.
"How's your hand?" He asks in concern. Part of me want to slap him for being so concerned but another is feeling warm because he cares.
"It's fine" I say but honestly it's been stinging a lot. I try and take the bangles off but they hurt too much.
"Sure looks fine" he says sarcastically when he sees me wince in pain.
He takes my hand and I stare at him in shock. He slowly takes off the bandage and hisses.
"Zayna you burnt your hand!"
I don't say anything since I'm not used to such care. At Rehab if you ever got hurt it was seen as a good thing if you could deal with it like it was nothing, if you cried about it you were a wimp and weak and that's one thing I'm not.
"Are you always so careless?" He says getting up to get the first aid box. He pulls out some ointment and applies it on my hand. At first I hiss in pain but when he blows softly it seems to reduce it. I can't help but notice his features more. I have to say he looks very adorable when he's concerned.

He looks at me sternly.
"Leave your hand like that and give it some air"
"But these bangles-"
"I'm sorry but you'll have to sleep in them"
"I can't sleep in them" I start.
"Do you really want to start with me now?"
"Yes!" I challenge and stand up.

He takes a step towards me making me involuntarily take a step back. I trip over the chair leg and he's quick to grab me. He pulls me close and my eyes widen in shock.

He stares at me intently and I wonder if I'm doing the same.
He leans closer but somehow I'm frozen to my spot. My mind is too busy thinking about the current position I'm in and the weird tingles I'm feeling to understand how close he is. When I do realise it's too late since I feel his soft lips on my forehead. He leaves it lingering there and when he pulls away I'm too nervous to look at him. He chuckles quietly but because of the proximity I can feel him moving.

He then kisses my left cheek making me gasp.
"Don't argue Zayna and please leave the bangles on. I'm saying it for your good. It'll be too hard to take them off now without it hurting you" he says quietly, I nod repeatedly and am eager to escape his hold. He chuckles and lets go letting me quickly rush to the bathroom.

I breathe heavily and try to calm my excessively beating heart. Once I'm calm enough I start taking my hijab pins off and undo my scarf. I let my hair out then tie it into a loose braid. I leave the bathroom and get my bed clothes then go back into the bathroom to get changed.

I walk into my bed where Ayaan is already laying on his phone.
He smirks when he sees me but I avoid his gaze.

Then it hits me. The challenge! He did this on purpose. That little...With my new found confidence I face him and smile. He seems shocked and stares at me with his mouth hanging.
"Good night Ayaan" I smile and switch off the light. I turn the other way and go to sleep happily knowing I won.

When I wake up that morning I see Ayaan's arms around me. Seriously how does this happen!

I shake him roughly.
"Wake up!"
He ignore my shouts and grumbles going back to sleep.
"Ayaan you big ape let go of me"
"Ape?"
"Yes!"
"But am I a handsome ape?"
"What kind of-" I sigh stopping myself. It's hopeless with him.
"Ayaan. Get off we're going to be late for Fajr"
"Well then stop holding me down" he says and gets up to the bathroom.

I gape at him. I was supposed to go first! He exists the bathroom and smirks at me but I glare and push past him to the bathroom.

He waits for me to put my scarf on and then we read together.