Chapter 35 - Wedding Prep

I grab a pillow and cover my ears trying to block out the noise that Ibrahim Is making. I groan into my pillow in annoyance.
"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" He jumps on my bed.

"Why? I just finished exams yesterday, I'm tired. Lemme sleeeeeeep" I say stretching the 'e' in sleep.
He laughs as he carries on jumping making me jolt up everytime.
"No! We got a busy day today"
"Can't it be tommorow?" I whine.

I just finished my exams and now I have no school, the last few weeks have been hectic with the exams and the school sorting out the graduation party which is after the results.

"Is she being difficult?" I hear Alex's voice and smile. Luckily they can't see me.
"Yes! Very difficult but we all know that's not the reason you came here" Ibrahim says. I pretend to snore so they think I'm asleep.
"Really? What's the reason?"
"It's obvious. You can't get enough of me" Ibrahim says, I purse my lips so I don't laugh. "Chill Alex I know, you can't hide it. But how many times do I tell you. I'm too young for you, maybe if you were a bit younger and a bit more beautiful" I let out some laughs as I hear her gasp.

Suddenly Ibrahim stops jumping and I hear a thud. I peer my head through the pillows and slowly get my head out till it's hanging a bit over the bed. I see Ibrahim groaning in pain and grin.

Before I can react a massive body is crushed on me making me groan in pain.
"Aw man!" I whine.
"Come on. Get up!" Alex says.
"You know that's very hard to do when you're practically sitting on my legs"
She laughs and gets off so I sit up on my bed.
"You know she's gotten more violent" Ibrahim says.
"More? What you chatting? She was never violent before. Before it was a shy Alex now it's a fun Alex" I grin.
"Yeah wait till she hits you with a pillow" Ibrahim grumbles.

"Wel you did deserve it" she says smiling.
"Alright fine. I will never call you less beautiful again! God you just want me to compliment you" he smirks while she rolls her eyes. I smile at them both.

Alex has gotten a lot closer to me since our time at the beach house, once I found out she's a Muslim I've wanted to help get in the right track with her permission of course. She's told me that she's scared of Nuh firing her so lets hope my plan with him works out and she can freely wear her hijab. Huh, that's something the media will never hear.

Speaking of Nuh, he informed me yesterday that I need to go shopping with Tahmina, Amira and Ayaan for ring shopping and dress shopping and basically wedding shopping. So I've decided to take Alex and Ibrahim with me. You know for fun... and also because Ayaan will just annoy me, Amira well I want her dead, and frankly I'm too shy with Tahmina I don't even know why though. Ok maybe I do...

"We're going to be late" Alex says giving me a pointed look.
"No we're not, Amira will be putting on her halloween mask for about two hours so we got time" I brush off. Alex giggles while Ibrahim smiles but looks confused.
"Thought you made up with her"
"I have. I just can't help but take piss out of how much make up she wears" I admit.
He nods and grins.

"Alright let's get ready" Alex says.
"But I'm tired" I fall back onto my bed and close my eyes.
"Zayna I'm giving you 10 seconds to get out of the bed and into the shower!"
"Alex in ten seconds I'll have a gun to your head"
"You don't have a gun" she says in disbelief
"Wanna bet" I smirk
I'm not looking at her but I know she's got doubts now. I start laughing and sit up looking at her paled face.
"Chill out, they took my gun when I got released remember"
"You actually had a gun?" she says in shock.
I nod. We had two emergency ones it was also some weird thing they did to see if we would use it in bad ways to see if we actually rehabilitated. One of them was mine that I got personally, again that rehabilitation shit just because I was in for murder. I used to love it though. The feeling I got when I held it was like... It was awesome, I felt in control and confident, I felt like I could decide and control but now... Ok this is not the time!
"I miss it" I admit. She looks at me as if I'm psycho but only a criminal will understand the safety one feels with their gun... So then why do I feel safe?