Chapter 11 - Taking things seriously

After the call I arranged a meeting with him and Chief. I decided to walk to the police station instead of telling Robert to drive me. I enter and see Chief.
"Are you sure?" He asks me.
"Positive, I've found them and made a copy of them"
"Alright, let's go"
I nod and follow him out the door. We enter his car and he drives us to a building.

"Come on" he says leading the way. I follow him inside the building and watch as he talks to the lady at the desk. She smiles at me and I return it, after Chief talks the lady nods and lets us go. We walk up the stairs and go inside the elevator.
"Nervous?" He asks me.
"Why would I be?" I shrug. In actuality I'm super nervous.
"Oh, so it's come to that"
"Come to what"
"You haven't been seeing me in a while and so you've stopped telling me the truth"
"No, it's just. I don't want you to worry"
"I'm going to worry even if there's nothing to worry about" he says lightly.
"I know" we don't say anything after that.
"I'm really nervous" I admit.
"Why?"
"This meeting decides my future, how can I not be nervous"

The elevator dings signaling us to get out. I follow Dad into the room which looks really professional.
"Chief Yusuf and criminal" I hear a deep voice say. I turn my head and see the man, probably in his mid-twenties, he has light brown hair and a slight stubble. He's wearing a grey suit with a red tie and is sat by a huge desk. Dad walks over and sits at the other end of the desk. I follow cautiously.

"You called" he states. I nod.
"Yeah"
"This better not be a waste of my time" I raise an eyebrow, he notices and does the same.
"It's not going to be if you do things right" I speak confidently.
"You haven't changed" he smiles "Go on"
"You know my problem, and you also know what I need to do. I found these papers, I think they might help" I pull out the papers from my bag and hand it to him. He takes a while to read through it. He then looks at me and smiles showing two dimples at each side of his cheek.
"This is perfect"
"Seriously?"
He nods.
"This shows everything we need to free you"
"Awesome" I grin happily.
"However, you do need to start taking this seriously. No more fun games, tell them straight up. Don't say what you're doing but make sure they know not to mess with you. Do everything I told you to do but with more of an edge. Do you get me?"
I nod.
"Will everything be ok?" I ask showing my fear on my face. His face softens.
"Everything will be fine Zayna, I'll make sure of it" he gives a genuine smile. I stifly nod
"There's one more thing" I say.

*****

Ibrahim's POV

I hate this! What's going on? Everything was fine and now, suddenly she's gone. Urghhhhhh. This morning she told me to meet my friends. It was obvious she wanted to get rid of me. But why? I came home and she wasn't even there. She doesn't know this place. Where could she have gone? I groan in frustration as I sit on my bed. She's still not back and it's getting late.
"Boy!" I hear. Shit. Shit, shit shit. He's here and she's not. Ah shit.
Erm, what would she do?

Ya Allah subhanah wa ta'alaa. Please protect me. Please don't let him get me.

"Boy!" I hear again.
I gulp and open the door. I go down the stairs scared.
He looks at me and gives a disgusting smile.
"I didn't get that fucking contract" he says. I don't say anything.
"You know why. Because your fucking mum is a damn slut"
No comment.
"She didn't do what she was supposed to, so I lost. I lost the fucking contract and it's because of you" he smashes the glass he was holding on the floor making me jump up.
"You're going to pay now" he says menacingly. I gulp in fear as he walks towards me. I can't even move because it'll make him angrier.
He picks up a piece of glass on the floor and throws it in my direction, it skims my arm making me cry out in pain. I bite my lip so barely any sound comes out. The door bursts open and Affa stands there. Her eyes land on me and she looks in shock and anger. Ah shit, I've seen her angry and she's damn scary.
She walks towards both of us with wide fury eyes. I move my eyes to dad who looks pale.