Chapter 2 - Shopping with the brat

I feel someone shake me so as a first instinct I punch them on the stomach. I hear some noises making me wake up.
"I swear down. You need to stop hitting me" I hear along with some groans.
I rub my eyes and sit up.
Ibrahim is on the floor clutching his stomach.
I groan and get out of bed to help him up.
"Stop catching me off-guard then"
"Have you never had anyone wake you up before?"
"No, my alarm is always on"
Realisation hits me. I left my alarm clock at the rehab house.
"Well, it's 4am you weren't awake and Fajr time is in 15 minutes so I thought I'd wake you. Which was a huge mistake"
"Sorry"
"Sorry ain't relieving me of pain"
"Then what will?" I ask tirelessly.
"Take me with you when you go shopping" he gives a toothy grin.
"Alright" I show a small smile.

I walk to the bathroom where I have a quick shower. Surprisingly the water was hot as well as cold instead of just freezing cold like I'm used to. I get changed into the pajamas that were given to me yesterday and read Fajr prayer with Ibrahim. Once were done we sit on my bed and start talking. I guess I'm not training today I think to myself.

"So wait a minute. Let me review because you just told me a heck of a lot of stuff. You hate being with your parents because they don't give a crap about you whatsoever and you have a bunch of fake friends apart from Adam and... Ayub. You're really smart for your age, incredibly weird and slightly hilarious. You look like a super posh boy but really you're a normal kid"
"You forgot the part when I said I'm incredibly handsome" he smirks
I chuckle as I shake my head.
"I left it out on purpose"
"My turn" he grins "you spent 10 years living in jail 8 of which you spent in a rehabilitation centre where you lived with the Chief and other prisoners. The guys there are like your older brothers and they gave you that bracelet. You're pretty cool, really beautiful, funny and very very sarcastic except you don't show it to much people"
I raise an eyebrow but he ignores it. "Considering you've been in the 'outside' world a day, you don't have any friends, loner, you hate mum and dad because you still haven't accepted them as your parents, and you are a good Muslim" he ends. I pinch his cheeks and hug him tight. "Aww you called me beautiful" I gush.
He groans and tries to escape but I know secretly he's enjoying it.
"Out of everything I said you picked that up"
"Duh" I say 'as a matter of fact'
"Plus you have to be beautiful if you're my sister, I mean look at me" he smirks.
A knock on the door breaks our little sibling moment. I hit his head before getting up to answer it making sure I have a scarf around my head. It's the two people.
"Zayna I wanted to make sure you know about our shopping day. We'll be leaving after breakfast so get ready before you come to eat, Alexander will get you a fresh pair of clothes in a moment" the woman smiles. The man just stays there on his phone not even glancing at any of us.
"Ibrahim is coming too" I state, I'm not letting her think she has an opinion.
She looks hesitant.
"I thought it would be the two of us"
"Yeah but I accidentally punched him in the stomach again and to make it up to him I said he could come" I shrug as if it's no big deal.
"Oh okay then. Breakfast will be served in 20 minutes"
I show a straight face as I shut the door but I have to open it again.
"Hey Alex" I say as she stands with a pile of clothes in her hands.
"Come in"
"Thank you Madam"
"Urgh, call me by my name which is Zayna"
"Ok, thank you Zayna"
"Hey Alex" Ibrahim says smirking.
"Ibrahim you need to get out now. I have to get ready"
"Alright sissy" he winks at me and walks out.
"You can tell he's really happy you're here" Alex comments.
"How?"
"Before the only time he used to talk was when he was shouting, complaining or flirting"
"Flirting?"
"As ashamed as I am to admit it, yes he used to flirt with some of the maids"
"You including?" I smirk.
"Me including" she sighs sadly making me chuckle.
"Alright let's see what we have that I can wear" I rub my hands together.
After a lot of searching I decide on wearing a long maxi dress with a navy blazer matched with a navy scarf
"You look great" Alex says
"Thank you"
I whisper 'Alhamdulillah' under my breath and a bunch of other surahs just in case anything happens. What? I don't trust the people here.