Chapter 38 - Nothing else to do

"We've got all the documents needed with all the evidence secure in my safe" Chief informs me "You've also had your side of the fun so that's done"
He pauses a bit looking through the file. He then looks at me seriously.
"We're done"
"Done?"
"There's nothing more to do but apply for reopening"
"How long will the whole process take?"
"Depends how good of a job we do. It'll take two hearings at maximum with all the evidence we've got no lawyer will be able to defeat us"
"Sure?"
"100%"

"So this is it?"
"Yes. Now we have to wait till your married and safe in your new house so when he finds out he can't harm you"
"What about Ibrahim?" I say worriedly.
"Don't worry, I'll be informed when he's going to find out and at that time Ibrahim will be with you and Ayaan"
I sigh shakily.
"Ok"

"You're doing good Zayna" he says softly.
He hugs me letting me rest my head on his chest.
"I hope so"
"In Sha Allah all will be fine"
I nod.

He lets go and I leave the station. Instead of going anywhere in particular I decide to take a stroll. I don't know where I'm going I just walk. These days I've been thinking too much and I really want to just forget everything even though at this point I can't. Too much is going on.

Chief is going to apply for a court admission which will make Nuh go mad. Tahmina and Amira are so involved with the wedding, it's funny how I hate Amira's taste so she's not making any decisions. Ayaan has been nothing but sweet but I hate it in a way. He's getting too attached and I know he's going to hate me once he finds out everything. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that. Ibrahim is my main worry, Nuh is definitely going to be intensely angry when he finds out and I don't want Ibrahim anywhere near him when it happens.

On unrelated topics the house that's being built is close to finishing and looks amazing. It's big enough for all of us, I've already arranged for Alex, Chef and Robert to work there for their stay since I know how independent they are except they don't know about it yet.
As for Nuh's inheritance I do not want it at all. I'm confused on whether I should use it or give it to Ibrahim. I will need a lot of money once he's gone, for the house requirements and my future plans. However I'm not sure if it's halal money and I do not want to spend it simply because it's Nuh's money.

Someone bumps into me and quickly apologises then runs off. I take a look around my surroundings and realise I'm truly lost. The neighborhood doesn't look too good either. I pull out my phone and call Ayaan.

"Assalamualaikum" he says
"Walaikumassala Ayaan. I'm lost"
"What!" He shouts.
"Calm down mate. I was just walking and now I don't know where I am"
"Describe the area to me"
"Erm the place is dirty with small houses. I can see a small run down cafe"
"Called?"
"Erm... 'Dean's Cafe' why?"
"Dean's cafe... Ok I'm coming stay where you are and don't move"
"You're not the boss of me" I try to argue
"Zayna this isn't the time. That neighborhood isn't good at all so please do not argue and stay there. Please"
"Ok fine"
"Now carry on talking to me"
"Desperate are we?" I joke.
"How are you possibly this calm and cool headed while I'm here losing it. And I'm not the one lost!"
"Well it's not like I'm scared I just want to know where I am and get out of here"
"You're in a bad neighborhood and I'm coming to get you!" For some odd reason I felt weird things in my stomach at that.

"Well well well. Lookie here" I hear and turn around to see two guys. Oh great!
"Zayna! Who's that! Zayna!" I hear Ayaans voice and cut the line putting the phone in my pocket. It's a good thing I need to release my stress.

One of the pulls out a knife and I smirk my 'criminal' smirk.
"You're a tough one ain't ya?" The guy with the knife says.
"What gave it away?" I smirk deeply
The guy lunges for me but I spin to the right making him fall to the ground. Arms are around me making me get angry so I elbow the person's stomach. A huge groan slips his mouth and he clutches his stomach. I don't give him any time.to recover and punch the side of his face. He stumbles to the side banging his head on the wall. I kick his stomach with all my strength and I think I heard a bone crack. I smile proudly, his head has blood dripping and I know for sure his rib cage is broken. Out of nowhere the knife is brought to my face and my eyes widen as a reflex.