Chapter 26 - Drunken trouble

Zayna's POV

Dad came home in a shock. He kept bumping into stuff and was very distracted. I immediately went up to him.
"Dad" I ask cautiously. His eyes land on me.
"Are you ok?"
"Huh. Yeah. Yes I am"
"Sure? You seem disturbed"
"No, I'm fine. Goodnight Zayna" he says before he goes up the stairs.

I ignore what just happened and wait for Ibrahim. He's been out all day and still hasn't came.

After an hour of waiting he finally comes but instead he tries to sneak through the door so instead I hide.
I watch as he comes through the door without a sound and closes the door without a sound. He tip toes through until he's almost at the stairs when I jump on him and pin him down. He groans in pain while his body hits the ground.

"Where were you?" I ask sternly.
"Erm not home"
"Ibrahim!" I warn.
"Ok, if you let me stand up I'll tell you" I let go of his hands and stand up as well as him.

"I was at Adam's house, we were hanging out and I lost track of time"
"Well next call me or something. Idiot! Do you know how worried I was? It's 2am!"
"I know I'm sorry" he says with his head down. I sigh and punch his shoulder lightly.
"Go to bed" I say.

He grins and kisses my cheek, glad to be let off the hook, before running upstairs. I decide to walk around the house for a bit, I was in the kitchen when my phone blares.

"Assalamualaikum" I say greeting Chief.
"Walaikumassalam. How are you?"
"I'm fine"
"Sure?" he presses
"Yes I'm fine. No broken bones or anything"
"Good, now tell me. Why are you still awake?"
"I could ask you the same question, why have you called me so late?"
"I knew you would be awake waiting for me to call you?"
"Hmm"
"Plus I had a lot of work"
"You seem to be having more now that I've gone. I don't think I've seen you do so much"
"That's because before you had 9 brothers to distract you, now you just have 1"
"True. I really miss them"
"If everything goes to plan then you'll be meeting with them soon"
"In sha Allah"
"In sha Allah. Anyways, you should be getting to sleep now. Assalamualaikum"
"Walaikumassalam"

A few days later

"Zayna pass me the blue file next to you" Dad says. I do as he says then continue typing up the next presentation we have after this one today.

"You think we'll get this contract" I ask.
"If I deliver it right"
"Did you make the presentation yourself?"
"Yes"
"Am I going to be needed this time?"
"You can come if you want"
"I do"
"Ok"

I walk into the board room with Dad as we take our seats and wait for the others to arrive which isn't long. Once everyone is settled, our rival business starts off. They seem confident and their presentation was very good. I watch as Dad goes up and starts his. He seems confident as well however his presentation wasn't that good.

The meeting was over and the other business got the contract.
"Mr Ali. Your presentation wasn't as good as last time when your daughter conducted it. Maybe you should let her do it from now on"

I raise my eyebrows, I like this guy!
"Excuse me Sir but everything I have learnt is from him so how can I possibly be better than the one who has taught me. I still have a lot to learn since I am a mere amateur. My father is the expert" I smile kindly.

The man doesn't seem at all offended instead smiles at me.
"You have strong intellect, a fast learner from what I see as well. How can you be so sure that the student has not become the master?"
"A bird is never sure when it is ready to fly rather it is the parent of the bird that is aware when it is ready. Similarly my father will tell me when I am at his level which I think will take some time"
"You can debate quite good as well. What is there that you are not good at?" The man says with a chuckle. The rest of the room laughs as well, I notice Nuh to be in thought through all this.