Chapter 50 - Made up

Author's note
Assalaamualaikum guys I know it's been a while since I've updated but it's because of school work and other issues. I won't be updating as much now because i really want to focus on my exams even though there is a lot to left of the book. Anyways enjoy this one... vote and comment if you find the worthy.

I wake up the next morning for Fajr prayer and after reading it is stay reading Nafl prayers till sunrise. Once I finish I get the Holy Qur'an out and read for an hour.

When I go downstairs I'm greeted by Chef who seems wary.
"Salaam Madam" he says
I quirk an eyebrow
"Madam?"
"Now that Sir Nuh and Madam Amira have.. gone it's fitting that I call you Madam now"
"Chef I'm not going to explain it again. You are my elder, you are not to call me Madam or any other terms that justify a workplace. This is your house as it is mine alright. If you call me Madam again I will fire you"
He seems shocked but slowly a grin comes on his face.
"Alright Zayna" he grins "I've made your favourite. Cinnamon buns"
A grin breaks out my face.
"I love you Chef"
"We both know that's just because I make good food"
I wink at him
"So it goes without question right? I'm helping you with breakfast?"
"Of course my dear"

We make chocolate pancakes, blueberry pancakes, fruit salad, toast with beans and cheese, fresh orange juice...

"Chef are you cooking for an entire army?" I laugh
"Well it's not my fault if you eat the same portion as an entire army"
I stop laughing and playfully glare at him making him laugh. 
"Whatever I'm going to fix up the table"

I take the basket full of Cinnamon buns and place it on the table when I turn to head back to the kitchen a built body blocks my way. I look up to see Ayaan stretching revealing a bit of his skin underneath.
"Morning" he says
"Morning" I reply but more stiffly
I move to the left and go back to the kitchen. 

After setting the table I take a seat and hear Ayaan sit next to me. Urgh this guy!

Chef stays in the kitchen for some odd reason and I haven't seen Alex yet either. Ibrahim comes down and starts eating. I get up and go to the kitchen. 

"Chef aren't you hungry?"
"I'll eat later"
"No you won't"
"Why not?"
"Because you're eating with me.  If you eat later then I'm going to eat later and you know I get angry when I'm hungry"
"Zayna-"
"I don't care. Come on" I take his arm and pull him to the dining room. I sit him down at the head chair and serve him food.

"Ibby where's Alex?"
"I saw her cleaning one of the rooms"
I turn and see her quickly rush into the laundry room. I follow her and drag her out too.
"Families eat together and your family so sit down and eat!" I order

I sit her down next to Ibrahim and serve her.
"I want you both to finish what's on your plate or else your not leaving the table"
I then sit and begin to eat.

I feel Ayaan's knee touch mine making me freeze for a second. The fact that he doesn't move his knee makes me annoyed so I move my knee.
I feel a hand on my knee making me gasp.
I peer down to see his hand on my knee. I look at him to see a sly smirk. 
I take his hand and pull it off my knee placing it on his thigh. I move my hand away but he holds it tightly. 
"Let go" I whisper
"Hmm?" He pretends to look oblivious
I glare at him coldly but he chuckles lightly 
"Zayna dear why aren't you eating?"
"Huh oh erm" I struggle to free my hand but Ayaan refuses to let go. 
"Ayaan won't let go of my hand" I blurt then close my eyes in embarrassment while they all chuckle.

Ayaan lets go and I finish my food then go to my room.

My phone rings so I put it on speaker while I pick out my clothes 
"Assalaamualaikum"
"Walikumasalaam Zayna" Chief's voice fills the room.
"What's up?"
"Just a reminder that the hearing is in a couple days and you need to meet Billal to final a few things"
"Okay I'll meet with him today. You're coming with me yeah?"
"Of course"
"Ok Assalaamualaikum"
"Walikumasalaam"