Chapter 37-Saved

En başından başla

"You know, I find it weird," Alec said. "I don't want you sad, but I don't want you to be over ecstatic either. I fear I'd always throw up what I've eaten if it's always the latter."

She roared in laughter, and her hold around his collar tightened.

She paused. Her brows met. She heard the faint snap which came from above through her Sentiral ability.

In the next moment, she felt her world tilt upside down as she was thrown over the sofa. Strong arms wrapped around her while in the air. The person who embraced her flipped her again, so he hit the floor instead of her. He rolled over at once, before an earsplitting sound of glass shattering caused her to cover her ears in pain. The light through her closed lids dimmed to almost black. Only then did she realize that her eyes were closed.

She felt the arms tighten around her, as she heard faint grunts and hisses despite the ringing in her ears. Her eyes flew open to notice her face was buried on someone's neck. The person lifted himself off of her with a worried frown on his face. It was Alec.

"Are you all right?" he asked as he grasped her shoulders. She bounced her head up and down in a daze. She was sure that her eyes were wide as she tried to calm her heart. When she felt light stings on her right arm, she looked down to find thin cuts on her skin. Scanning her gaze over the floor, she noticed all the broken shards of the light-crimas that rained in their direction. She casted her gaze further to the lounge, only to find it covered in the remains of the large chandelier which hung above them moments ago.

We almost died, she thought.

"What the bloody Blazen!" a voice came from the top of the stairs. When she looked, she found Ceiver rushing down the stairs with his hair and clothes disheveled with his glasses tipping off his nose.

He rushed to her side before gently pulling her off the floor and away from the damage. Solana hugged herself when noticed she was trembling. She looked up at her two dorm mates when they started a conversation.

"What happened?" Ceiver asked. Alec stood there facing the broken chandelier with his eyes thrown toward the rope, which used to hold it to the ceiling. Solana noticed his hands curling into fists as they quivered. He took a deep breath before facing them.

"The ropes snapped," he said. He walked toward her and asked her again if she was fine. Again, she nodded in response, unable to utter a word from shock. They whirled their heads to the entrance when they heard the doors bursting open.

"What happened? We heard a..." Knox trailed off when he saw what had become of their living area. Areisha stood behind him, looking as shocked as him as well. When their eyes landed on Solana, they rushed to her immediately. Knox came first and crushed her into a hug.

"Thank Kosmos you're safe," he said.

"Alec...saved me." Those were the first words she said since the past moments. They turned their heads to Alec to thank him, but thier eyes widened in surprise.

He was hunched over Midnight and Leyan as they lay sprawled on the floor. A few small pieces of glass managed to insert themselves into the parts where their armors couldn't reach. Luckily, they weren't on vital spots. Entiny was safe and sound and stood on all fours roaring around her brothers.

"Thank you," Alec told the dark blue and cerulean Draelings. As gently as he could, he took them in his arms. "But next time don't do that." The baby Draes only growled in return.

A chorus of gasps escaped them as Alec's left side came into their view. Knox stepped forward and relieved him from carrying his Draelings.

"You're bleeding for Paramount's sake!" Knox yelled as he placed Midnight and Leyan comfortably against him.

Alec's face contorted and he gritted his teeth as he looked down at his body. Two large shards of light crima embedded themselves on his arm, with another one stuck to his thigh. Red blood soaked the sleeve of his cream colored tunic and light brown trousers.

He tried to pull one out, but a small, but quick hand, slapped his away.

"Do not pull it out!" Areisha yelled at his face. They all froze, especially Alec who looked like he was frozen by his own Flame. With wide eyes, he nodded as he spoke.

"S-Sorry."

Seeming to realize what she had done, Areisha shook her head so forcefully it looked like her head would fall off.

"Ceiver you're the fastest. Go inform the teachers what happened. Make sure to tell Professor Linan and Gael," she said, her tone commanding. "Get to Nurse Jemial and tell her to prepare in case she needs to close some gashes."

And by the looks of his condition she does, Solana thought.

Areisha eyed Alec's condition, and she turned to the older of the twins. "Knox, assist Alec to the infirmary," she said. Knox transferred Leyan to her. River came up through the doors, and ran to them. Before he could utter a word or glance at the debris, Areisha made him carry an injured Midnight in his arms.

"Come on Solana," Areisha said. "We need to get you checked too."

She nodded. Leaning against River who offered his free arm, they made their way to the infirmary.