Chapter Fourty-Nine: the end of the war **EPOV**

Edward, can we trust him? Carlisle asked me, everyone asking me other questions. How is this possible? If he started the fire how is he not dead? Want Paul to depose of this vamp? I looked back at Alice, who was simply standing there, an arm around my daughter. I've allowed you free run of my brain. You know what I've seen. She told me, and I turned back to the member of the guard. "Edward. I wouldn't cause any harm to you." He insisted, and I finally saw why. I was bombarded with thoughts. Memories of him over the past seven years.

I looked at his eyes, under the black, specks of gold hid. He hadn't fed on human blood since we last met. "You should hunt." I stated. "Hell nah. Were not allowing a blood sucker on our turf." Leah spoke up. Alec looked scared, as if we were sentencing him to death. "What if I went with him?" Alice spoke up. "I could see if he was going to do something before it happens, I could stop it." I looked back at her, unsure. I don't know if this actually works with you, but I won't kill a human Edward. Alec spoke inwardly. I haven't in seven years. "It's always possible for a slip. Especially with the Voltori's history." I informed him.

"Can someone explain what the debate here is? Then maybe we could all have a say?" Esme asked, stepping forward. "Edward?" "Alec is more simular to us than he ever has. He's not one of the Voltori members anymore. He's successfully hidden his secret of feeding on animal blood." I explained, turning to him. Nodding slightly, I allowed him to explain. "For the past seven years, Aro's been planning to destroy a whole clan. To be the biggest clan in the world." He started. "He was gathering an army to go to war against every living and nonliving being." "Like Alice's vision." Carlisle asked me, and i nodded. "But Alec hadn't begun moving with them." I stated, and he continued. "I began secretly working against them."

"When Aro kidnapped Renesmee, he was starting the battle." Alec began explaining, "He knew somebody would come looking for her. He didn't expect that the 'somebody' would be me. I asked him for permission to keep her the only way I could think of. I knew he would love having a Cullen on our side." "So you killed your family?" Esme asked. "Your sister?" Alec hung his head slightly, his thought flickering to the fire. "He knew I would have rather had been killed then been taken from my family forever." Renesmee added, walking over to him. She hugged him, and nobody moved. We all could tell a new friendship had been made here.

"Alec, you're welcome to stay with us if you would like." Carlisle offered. "You saved one of us, let us repay you." "Thank you Carlisle." He smiles softly, and looked at Renesmee. I told you they would understand. She smiled at him, before he laughed lightly. "Ness?" Jacob asked, phasing back sometime during this discussion. He still didn't believe she was actually here. "Hey Jake." She smiled, reaching out to him. She placed her hand on his cheek, and I let the two reunite for a moment. "I still believe you should go hunt Alec." I insisted. "There are a few mountain lions up the east side of the mountains." "Thank you Edward." He nodded, before running. Both Bella and I then began walking over to our daughter. "I'm glad your home baby." Bella smiled, and Renesmee smiled back. "So am I mum. So am I."

ht�Hݑ&��