Chapter twelve - twins!

I was all ready when Papa came into the room. He taught me how to turn on the ultrasound machine, as I normally got up there quicker than him. I had the gel next to me and was lying on the couch. “You ready?” he asked. “Yeah.” I told him as he placed the gel on my bump. “Just what I thought,” he said as he turned the screen so I could see it as well. “You see how the baby is stuck at the back and there is a huge black patch here,” he said pointing it out. “What is that?” I asked him. “ That’s all I could see when I did your mums ultrasounds.”  “Wait do you mean…” “Yeah you have two in there, but one is going to be more of a vampire than human or werewolf.” I just laid there socking in all the shock as he cleaned up.

“Renesmee” Jacob said quietly “ you’ve been in here for over an hour what’s wrong.” He waked over to me and knelt down.” I kept staring at the roof. “Hey don’t cry, what’s wrong?” he said hugging me. I sat up. “ There is something I need to tell you and I don’t know how you’re going to take it.” I said not wanting to admit that this was happening. “ What ever happened we can get through it together.” He said pulling me so I could rest my head on his shoulder. I whispered into his ear “I’m having twins.”

“We’re having twins?” he asked me. “That’s what Papa said.” I told him pulling off his shoulder.  He had the widest grin I ever saw on his face. I’m pretty sure he can’t smile bigger. “THIS IS-” “Shush it!” I cut him off. “ I don’t want the whole world to know.” “This is amazing, do you know the genders?” “We can only see one of them. Baby B is like me, the amniotic sack is like vampire skin, we can’t see what the baby is at all. But Baby A we can see.” I told him. “Does that mean you could end up like your mother did?” he asked me standing up and sitting next to me. “Papa said that it is possible that could happen, but very unlikely. Dad is a full vampire, witch is why I am so strong, but Baby B is going to be more human than anything else.” “ Then how are we going to stay here?” he asked. “ there is really one person we need to worry about, and that’s Jasper. He could try and attack him or her at any moment.” I told him as I held a protective hand over both of them.