Chapter seven - home sweet home

“Ok, Rose can you set-up my office please.” Papa said as we walked through the door. He kept waking even when mum, dad, and Jacob had stopped. I stood next to Jake not knowing what to do. “ Go with Carlisle, he wants to make sure your alright.” Dad said lightly pushing me towards the stairs. I went up the stairs knot knowing what was going to happen.  I walked to Carlisle office door and stood there. I didn’t know if I was to knock or anything but after a moment he called out to me “don’t just stand there you can come in.”

“What are you going to do?”  I asked him. “I just want to see if I can get an ultrasound that’s all. Ok”. I nodded. I laid on the bed in the middle of the room and pulled up my top. He turned on a machine and got some goo in a bottle. He squeezed a small amount on my skin and rubbed it around. It was quite. To quite: and just like my family knew that it was too quiet the front door slammed shut. “What was that?” I asked Papa as he tried to get a reading. “Your father and Jacob are going to have a little chat.” “ He wont kill him will he?” I asked another question. “ Who Jacob or Edward?” He laughed. “There,” he said looking at the screen. “You see that.” He turned the screen towards me. He pointed to a small black patch in my lower abdomen. “So I’m pregnant.” “Yes you are,” he said. “ Looks like I’m going to be a great grand Papa.” He said cleaning my abdomen. “I didn’t even think I was going to be a father.” He mumbled to himself turning off the machine. “Can I leave now Papa?” I asked sitting on the end of the bed. “ Go on.” He said waving me out.

I ran back down starts and saw mum and Alice sitting on the couch. Alice was flicking though the channels too quickly to be looking for something to watch. “ Where’s Dad?” I asked them. “Let them work it out themselves” mu said walking up to me and hugging me. “So, what’s the vitric?” Alice asked me. “ I’m pregnant.” I told her trying to be happy about it. “YAY!” Alice celebrated. “How far along?” mum asked. “Um…” I wasn’t quite sure. “Just under a month, maybe three weeks.” Papa said coming down the stairs.

(Jacob’s POV)

“Ok, Rose can you set-up my office please.” Carlisle said as we walked through the door. I walked over to the couch where Bella and Edward where looking at each other. It wasn’t a gooey look, it was more like they where afraid of hearing the news. Nessie came over and stood with us. I was going to ask her if she wanted me to come with her but Edward bet me too it. “Go with Carlisle, he wants to make sure your alright.” She looked like she didn’t want to leave us but she did what she was told and went upstairs. “Jacob, may I talk to you in the kitchen.”  Edward asked. I wonder what he wants? “ You’ll see.” He said answering my mental question. I followed him towards the kitchen and just as we got there he spun around. “Look, I don’t care what you did up there. Ok. But getting my princess pregnant is a no go zone.” “ It’s not my fault.” I told him “ well I guess it is but you know exactly what I mean.” He nodded  “ I know this is unexpected but couldn’t you use protection for the first couple of tries, that could have been better that going on a honeymoon just to come back pregnant a month later.” unbelievable your such a hypocrite. “What do you mean Jacob?” he asked. “Well if I remember correctly you did the exact same thing just over seven years ago.” I told him. He thought about that for a bit.“ oh well yes, I guess I’m just being over the top.” “ You think.” “There is no need to be smart dog.” He shooted to words at me. “I’m not doing anything, blood sucker.  I’m just telling the truth.” I shouted at him. “ look I am just protecting my daughter from danger ok. You saw what happened to Bella.” That made me remember the days I didn’t want to. I was shaking. “ Jacob, I’m sorry.” Edward said placing his hand on my shoulder. I bit it off is and ran out the front door.

(Renesmee’s POV)

“Um…” I wasn’t quite sure. “Just under a month, maybe three weeks.” Papa said coming down the stairs. “Oh so its only tiny,” Alice said walking up to me.” Hey there baby.” She said talking strait to my abdomen. “Alice really, is that necessary?” I asked her. “ so its nothing like her Carlisle.” Mum asked. “ We don’t know, but no, its not as fast growing. I wanted to take a blood test but I didn’t want to push her into something she didn’t-“ “it’s fine, Papa” I told him. “if you wanted to do some tests I’m happy with that, I kind of want to know what it is.” “ ok I’ll meet you back upstairs.