Chapter sixteen - Broken.

“Mum, how did you cope when dad left you?’ I asked her. “To be honest, I didn’t” she told me walking back over to the bed. “I was a compete and utter mess. Ask Grandpa Charlie.” “So what was it like when he left you.” I wanted to know how she survived. “ Well, for the first four months I don’t remember a thing. Grandpa said I was lifeless and wanted to send me to go back and live with Nana. I knew if I did I would never see him again. It wasn’t until I realised that I needed to do something dangerous to “see” him again.” She told me patting smooth my hair. “ But if you try anything that could end with you killing yourself-“ “I won’t, I just wanted to hear if you coped at all.” I told her as I gave her a hug. She tried letting me go but I didn’t, it wasn’t until a sharp pain in my abdomen made me pull back. “OWWWWW” I said holding the left side of me. “ Carlisle, get the X-Ray going.” She called out carefully picking me up from the right side and carrying me out and up the hallway. She laid me down on the bed in Papa’s office while he walked in and turned on the X-Ray machine. “What side?” he asked me. I couldn’t talk, as the pain was so bad. “The left.” Mum said for me.  “Thanks.“ I managed to say. “Can you please put these on.” Papa said passing me dark sunglasses. I put them on and closed my eyes. There was a very bright flash and a click. “Yep, A clean break.” Mum said.  I held my hand to papa. “ Your rib has broken, and it is a clean break so there is nothing to worry about. I just need to tape your side o it can heel.” “Ok.” I said taking my hand off his face.  We all heard the front door open and close and low mummers. “Carlisle, can I talk to you?” Dad said from down stairs. Papa walked out the room and dad closed the door.

“Can I go down stairs mum?” I asked as she turned off the x-ray machine. “That’s not the best idea, Rosalie is down there.” She said picking me up and carefully walking out the room. I placed my hand on here cheek; I showed her that I just wanted to talk to her. “Ok’ she said walking down the stairs and placing me on my feet once we where at the bottom. She supported me as I walked into the main lounge room. Alice and Jasper were talking over by the piano, Emmet was talking to Papa and Dad was talking to Rosalie. “Rosalie, can I talk to you in private?”  I asked everyone looked towards me and mum besides Rose she looked towards the floor at my feet. “Let’s give them some space. If you need us just call out.” Dad said as he walked out the back doors holding it open for everyone else.  Rosalie’ s eyes didn’t move as everyone cleared out. She still didn’t move as she said, “You should sit on the couch Ness-” “please call me Renesmee.” I said was mum helped me walk over the white couch in the middle of the room. “Can you please stay.” I asked mum just before she let go of me. she nodded and sat on one of the single armchairs in corner.

“What did you want to talk about Renesmee?” Rosalie asked. I just rolled my eyes. I can’t believe that she doesn’t know what I want to talk about. “It’s Jacob.” “Oh, where is he?” She asked, “As if you don’t know.” I said looking at mum. She gave me a warning look. “He is not here.” I said. Even just thinking about him not being here any more made my eyes water. “There is no need to cry, Renesmee.” Rosalie said moving closer to me “YES THERE IS!” I yelled at her. “Sweetie,” mum butted in. “No mum she needs to know.” I said giving her a glare. “Renesmee, what are you trying to say?” that’s what caught me, she didn’t know that she killed him. She didn’t do it on purpose like I blamed her for. I sobbed about that. How could I be so mean to my own aunty! “Shhhhhhh. Hey its ok, I’ll go find him.” Rose said hugging me. “There is no need Rose,” mum said walking over to me. “He is dead.” Everything was quite.