Chapter six - lets go home

“Ok just keep calm, when was your last mistral cycle?” I knew even though my periods where irregular if I timed it right this could happen. But could I be pregnant? “Um… I finished exactly two weeks before the wedding.” I answered; I didn’t want him to say that I might be pregnant. “Ok and how long is the cycle normally?” he asked again. “There is no normally Papa.” I told him. “But I guess the earliest I had one was two weeks and the longest was a month and a half. That’s why I haven’t worried about it. Normally I get…” and I realized I hadn’t got the pre-period symptoms yet.  The next thing I knew Jacob had the phone in one hand and holding me in the other. He carefully laid me down on my side and listened to what Carlisle said. “Nessie, I just need to see something ok, Carlisle wants me just to tell him what I can feel alright.” “NO!” I shouted. “Don’t touch her, I’ll tell him.” I said holding my hand out for the phone and one hand on my stomach. I sat up and carefully felt around the area. “There’s nothing there, I can’t feel a thing.” I told Papa. “Is something wrong with her? Papa?” I asked him getting worried now. “ I can’t be sure, you will need to come home ok.” “Yes, we will.” I told him and hung up the phone. “Well, are you?” Jake asked. “I don’t know Jake,” I said trembling. “Hey, it’s going to be alright, everything will be fine. No one will hurt you.” He said trying to calm me down from my hysterics. I wasn’t scared about some one hurting me or her, I was afraid of what happened with mum and me.

“I’m going to pack and I’ll be right back ok,” he said walking out of the bathroom. Once he left I grabbed his phone and dialed my mum. “Mummy,” I said about to cry. “Hey it’s alright, your going to come home and we can see what to do from here ok. There is no need to worry. They know from me how this can work out so they wont make you get rid of it ok. Everything will be fine.” “But mum, I’m not scared of that.” “Then what” she asked. “ I’m scared of having this, this thing. I don’t know if it his or mine, what if it was worse that me. And I can’t change…” “Shhhhhhh, it will be ok, your father is getting a flight home for you ok.” Then I remembered that egg was still on the stove. “Mum I got to go.” I said just before I hung up. “ Ok I lo-”

I ran to the kitchen but it was spotless. The stove was off and the pan was in the sink.  I washed it and dried it. Just then Jacob came in with all the bags under his arms. “Here let me take one.” Trying to take one out from his arm. “I’m not going to let you, there too heavy and if you’re pregnant I don’t want you to hurt yourself or the baby ok.” He said back in a voice like I was ten again.  “Don’t worry about that,” I told him. I didn’t tell him why he didn’t have to worry. “Look we will be home in twelve hours and then we can take care of you and bub ok.” We walked out the door and I followed him. I don’t think anyone quite understands how I feel about this. I almost killed my mother and I’ m only half vampire. If this is anything like me how am I going to live, I can’t be changed into a vampire. And anyway if it has any werewolf part in it then it wouldn’t my body kill it. I am scared for her. Jake came back in and picked me up. “ I can walk you know” I told him. “We don’t know how far along you are and you have been on your feet all month.” He responded still carrying me. I didn’t try to argue. I was too tired and scared. I slept for most of the journey home.  

“MUM!” I said as soon as I saw here in Seattle. I ran to her and hugged her. “Its ok now. We can look after you.” She said patting my hair smooth. Dad joined in on the hug and whispered in my ear. “Are you ok?” I’m really scared daddy. He just squashed us tighter. “Can’t…breath…here.” I whispered with the small bit of air I had. He immediately let go. “Ok lets get you home,” Papa said taking my hand. I was still tired so I laid my head against mum’s cold shoulder and fell back asleep.