Chapter twenty-two - birth *

“Did you want a pain medication?” mum asked me as I breathed through another labor pain. I nodded and Papa came over to me with a small tray. “This will only hurt a little.” He told me as he stuck the needle into my lower back. “Thanks Papa.” I told him lying back down. “How you doing hunny?” Jacob asked me for the sixteenth time. “I’ll live.” I told him. He walked back out side and sat with Alice and Leah. “Woah!” I said as another labour pain came. But this one was different; a liquid came out of my legs. “Dad?” I asked worried now. “Something is wrong.” I told him. He walked over to me and asked to check my dilatation. I nodded and he pulled a rubber glove on. “Nothing is wrong, that was your water breaking. Your six centimeters dilated.” That scared me; I knew there was know turning back now.

“OH MY GOD, WHY DID I GO THROUGH WITH THIS!” I yelled. “It’s ok, there in no need to talk like that-” “Oh, shut up Jacob. You did this to me. If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t be here right now. YOU SUCK!” I yelled at him. “Jacob, maybe you should go back out side.” Mum suggested as a breathed through the rest of the contraction. He walked out side. “He dose know that I didn’t mean any of that, I am such a horrible wife.” I told my self. “No, your not. It’s just that you hurt that’s all. And he dose know that you still love him.” Dad said walking in with a towel and a bucket of water. “You ready?” he asked me. I couldn’t talk; I had to breath through another contraction. “It’s ok, just breathe.” Papa said coming in with another towel. “Bella, can you help Renesmee into the birthing position.” Dad asked. I placed my legs in the stirrups and mum made sure that they where correct. “Ok, now Renesmee, on the next contraction I need to push.” Dad said. I nodded my head. We didn’t have to wait long. “One…two…three…four… come on keep going…seven… eight…nine…ten.” Dad counted “Ok take a breath and go again re-” “OWWWWWW” I yelled over everyone but I kept pushing. “That’s it, your doing great” mum said from next to me. “Come on keep going.” Dad said. I pushed again for another ten seconds. “Ok. Have a break.” He said. I relaxed until the next contraction came. I only had a two-minute break. “One…two…three…four…five…six…seven…eight…nine…ten.” I breathed and pushed again. “YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK!” I screamed out. “Come on keep going.” Papa said. I pushed again while I screamed and cursed. “Ok Baby? Your doing great, I can see the head.” Dad said. “Pass me your hand.” I did what I was told and he placed my hand on his head. I just cried. “Come on Nessie.” Mum said whipping the sweat of my face. I pushed again and again.

“Ok. Give us one more push.” Papa said. “I can’t, I can’t, I can’t, I can’t.” I cried. “Yes you can!” Jacob said. “Jake, I am so sorr-” “don’t be” he cut me off, “You just worry about the twins ok.” I nodded and gave one final push. I did it. I gave birth to my baby! “Let’s just clean him off.” Papa said wrapping my baby in a blue towel. “pass him here, Pass me my J.J.” “You might want to re-think the name.” Dad said as he handed us your first child. “Why we love J.J?” I asked looking at him. He is perfect. He has my face shape but Jacob’s hair colour, his face is perfect except he looks to much like a girl. “ I don’t think she would like to be named after her father.” Dad told us “Chloe.” I whispered. Another labour pain made me remember about my little J.J. “Take her.” I said passing Little Chloe to her father. “Time for round two.” I smiled.

This time it didn’t take as long, and I had given birth to our lovely son, Jacob Jr., just fifteen minutes after his sister.  “They are perfect.” I whispered just before I closed my eyes to rest.