All The Right Moves- Chapter 10

Mulai dari awal

"Definitely not. I really do wish you were here though Charlie. Everyone here has their families or ladies and I'm sitting here debating why I didn't even ask Jack," He said chuckling slightly.

The elevator finally opened and I began walking through the lobby towards the ballroom in the side of the hotel.

I greeted the security guards and told them my name, all with my hand covering the phone so that he wouldn't be able to hear me.

"Right this way Ms. Hale," The security guard said ushering me past them. The place was swamped with people everywhere. So many guests were outside I was wondering as to how many were inside. My god it was too many.

"Babe you there?" Drew asked, reminding me that he was on the phone.

"Yeah, sorry. You know this event is crazy and I just had a few things come up." I lied.

I looked around to see if Drew was outside the room but then remembered that he had said he was inside the ballroom.

The doors were wide open and before walking through the grand stairs where I know he would notice me, I decided to finish the call.

"Okay Superstar, some idiot just broke some equipment that I need to go sort out. I'll text you ok? Have fun and try not to pass out will you?" I said laughing at my warning.

"The hell I'll be passing out for Tiger? Text me when you can and be safe. I really do miss you," He said just before I hung up.

"Not for long," I stated just as I ended the call.

"Here goes nothing," I said just before I placed my phone in my clutch. I gave the security guards by the stairs a warm smile and took a quick glance at the room.

Damn my team did a great job.

I smiled and looked down from the staircase. There were hundreds of people here. Definitely not going to be as easy as I hoped it would be to find him here.

Rather than scoping out the room for a long period of time, I started to descend the stairs.

Too.

Many.

Damn.

Steps.

Just don't fall Charlie, you got it.

I definitely don't got it.

Shit.

After what felt like ages I had finally stepped onto the main floor and breathed a sigh of relief.

Kudos to fricking me for not falling down that crap. I never understood how the many Cinderella's ran up those things. My ass would trip with every step slowly walking let alone running.

I took in my surroundings and noticed many eyes on me and greeted all those with warm smiles.

Because it was a black tie affair, I was surrounded by men in suits and women in elegant dresses. Many were wearing black or blue, making my shade of red quite an outcast.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

"You," I heard from the side.

I directed my attention to my right and a huge smile broke out on my face.

"Hey you," I replied.

"My god, is this real life?" He asked standing in place.

I laughed and began to walk closer to him.

"No, in fact, we're in some fantasy known as Beauty and the Beast. Ever heard of it?" I said just as I reached him.

"Definitely some fantasy we're in. I can't believe you're here. This is the event you had to do that was so important? How come you didn't tell me?" He asked just as his hand reached for my cheek.