All The Right Moves- Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Charlie

I felt as if these last few weeks have been nothing short of amazing.

Drew and I had grown closer than I've ever felt in my entire life.

I felt myself falling for him with each passing day and I knew it was just a matter of days that I would tell him how I felt.

It was absolutely crazy to even think that I had fallen for my best friend, Drew of all people.

I hadn't wanted to believe that he wasn't the man whore he once was but every single action he took had proved to me that he in fact was the opposite.

Tonight, Blake and Ethan were hosting a New Year's Eve party and I was excited.

I had a feeling tonight would be a good night for Drew and I in every aspect.

Refraining from all things romantic had been difficult as I didn't want to rush anything but I was finding it so hard.

And I knew Drew was too.

Literally.

"You look stunning," I heard Drew say from behind me.

I jumped as he startled me but shot him a smile.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him softly.

"Everyone's out there. Blake invited your employees too," Drew spoke.

I had started going back to work after our New York trip to get back in the grove of things.

Blake had juggled working at the magazine to teaching me about my company.

I was learning it all and seemed to have gotten the hang of things.

It was crazy to think that I had known all of this once before and that I was starting fresh.

At times, it frustrated me.

I thought a lot lately about the accident.

I still found myself thinking about Wesley but refused to let anyone know about it.

It was something that I had been dealing with personally but didn't want anyone to worry about.

I was doing much better though, coping with his death.

According to Blake, he was with one of our girlfriends at the time of his death.

I couldn't believe it had been years since that had happened when to me, it felt like yesterday.

Every day I grew frustrated about not being able to remember. It seemed as if my memories weren't surfacing and I could tell my friends and family treaded on water when around me.

It was aggravating to witness but I felt myself wanting to know everything.

Something was off, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Come on," Drew stated pulling me out of thoughts.

He dragged us out of the guest house and to where everyone had been.

I was instantly greeted by my workers and Blake's friends.

Drew had invited some of his teammates as well, making the house incredibly packed.

"If it isn't the badass! How are you?" A man stated approaching me.

I looked at him and tried to remember what Drew had told me, "Vince right?"