All The Right Moves- Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Drew

Not bothering to park the car, I immediately left it in the emergency lane by the ER.

Breaking every single traffic law, I made it under 3 hours.

It was now 7 in the morning and I was wide awake.

Running inside, I didn't stop for anybody.

I needed to get to her.

I refused to believe that she wasn't okay.

I refused to think anything else.

I sprinted as fast as I could until I reached the desk of the emergency room.

"Please, I need to know what room Charlie Hale is in," I said frantically.

My fingers were running through my hair.

"What room is she in?" I asked impatiently again.

"Sir, are you family?" She pried.

"I'm her fiancé," I responded.

She looked me over before responded, "She is in surgery. She will be out in about an hour and we will have more details."

"I need to see her NOW." I said.

"Drew!" I heard a few people call out.

Ignoring them I kept asking the receptionist, "Please, I'll do anything. I need to be with her."

"Drew, she's in surgery. You can't be in there." Blake said pulling me away from the desk.

Pushing Blake off softly, I ignored her.

"Where is she Blake?" I asked.

"Drew, breathe. There's nothing you can do for her right now." Ethan came up from behind.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"I wasn't there. My God. I wasn't there." I shook my head.

"F*ck!" I yelled.

"What happened, I don't even know what happened?" I said collapsing on the floor.

Blake crouched over to me and rubbed my back.

I bobbed my head down so that it was in between my hands.

Ethan sat beside me and gave me a minute to regain slight composure.

"She saved your sister man." He broke the silence.

I turned my head to him in shock, "Ellie? Where is she? What happened to her?"

Blake gave me a sympathetic look.

I needed to throw up.

"Ellie is fine. Just a fracture in her leg. Nothing major but she is resting. You can go see her if you like." Blake said.

I looked at Ethan and he spoke, "There was a fire at your parent's house. Apparently El didn't tell Charlie the truth about when she should have been there. Your parents left to dinner around 6 and the kids were messing around. The kids were reckless and were playing around with fire. Next thing they knew, the house lit on fire and Charlie just so happened to save Scott, El's friends and El."

I shot him a confused look, "How are they fine but Charlie isn't?" I asked needing some clarity.

I thanked God El had been safe. I was just so confused why all of them weren't.