All The Right Moves- Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Drew

10 days had passed us and every time the doctors tried to pull her out of the medically induced coma, some altercation would occur and Charlie's brain would negatively react.

Each day though, we were getting closer.

The swelling had gone down tremendously and the doctors were hopeful that she would regain consciousness after all.

The doctors were going to try again to pull her out of the coma today and they were hopeful that she would in fact, wake up.

I hadn't gone back to play for the team just yet. All games and practices had been filled by the back-up QB but I did attend two charity events near the hospital.

Not wanting to leave Charlie's bedside, Charlie's mother forcefully made me as she viewed my stay to be unhealthy for myself.

I didn't care about myself at the moment.

Ethan, Blake, Charlie's family, as well as mine have been visiting every day from morning to night.

They had moved her to the VIP room as I wanted her to be comfortable, and to allow our family as much privacy during her stay.

The last thing I wanted was for the Press to hear about this.

I had paid for top security to ensure the safety and privacy of Charlie and our family while we were here as well.

So far, there was zero speculation and talk about my whereabouts and about the accident to the public.

I wanted to keep it that way.

One of the nurses came into the room for her hourly check on vitals.

"She seems to be getting stronger and stronger. This is great news. Dr. Villani was hoping this was the case. We're going to try and take her out of the coma in a few. If we are lucky, she will be with us sooner than we think," She said winking at me.

"I sure hope so," I added.

I rolled my white long sleeved tee up to my elbows and grabbed her hand and placed it in mine.

The nurse stepped out of the room and came back shortly after.

"This is for you. Her belongings seemed to have not made their way back to you all, after she was admitted," the nurse stated handing me a large clear bag.

Unzipping it, her clothes were inside as well as her necklace.

I took out the long chain and held onto the ring between my fingers.

Not a single scratch on that thing.

I let out a sigh.

The doctor came in, causing me to place the necklace back into the bag.

"Let's hope today is the day, am I right?" He said grabbing Charlie's clipboard.

"I sure as hell hope so," I responded.

He shot me a smile.

He placed a syringe in her IV and began speaking to the nurses behind him.

They remained in her room for about an hour following to monitor her.

"Why isn't she waking up yet?" I asked.

"This is totally normal. In fact, it's a good sign that she hasn't had any complications. If she seized, which is a huge possibility, it would have happened by now. Her brain is slowly telling her to wake up. This is good." The doctor said.