All The Right Moves- Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Kenna let everyone come to the board room for the meeting. I'm walking there now." I said into the button on my phone on my desk as I finished catching up on all the emails I missed when gone.

"We're all waiting on you," Kenna responded.

I walked out the glass doors to my office and walked down the hall to the giant glass doors in the middle of the floor and was greeted by my staff.

"Hey everyone. Good to see the beard back Adam." I said to one of my workers as I made my way to the head of the table.

"Nice to see you Bosszilla. The vacation look looks great on you, you should do it more often." He said chuckling.

I laughed, "You know that name doesn't insult me."

"And you know you're too nice of a boss for me to actually mean it." Adam responded.

I shot him a smile before speaking, "Alright, fill me in now." I said once Kenna gave me my cup of coffee.

"Alright so earlier last month we not only booked plenty of small events but we got a call to not only plan a solo event but to plan future meetings and press opportunities, things we normally don't do. The franchise told us that we were to be head of all things team related as well as coordinating events. We normally don't take these requests but the team felt that you wouldn't decline, considering the circumstances." Adam said looking down from his papers to me.

This caught my interest.

I sipped on my coffee before responding, "And what exactly are these circumstances?"

"The franchise we are now partnered with is the Baltimore Ravens Miss." Adam said.

Kenna handed a paper that stated our usual client contract.

I felt all eyes on me, as usual, this time just a little more intensely.

"We are to plan their pre-season kick off gala in August in New York City. Its expected to be very glamourous and capture high interest in the media. The production crew have already been notified last month and have almost all details set in stone with the companies already contacted." Kenna added.

I took another sip of my coffee before speaking, "All workers who will be tending to this event need to dress accordingly. This is a very formal event and so we all need to dress as should they. Ladies- wear flats if more preferable, men- you shall wear nothing dressed down than that of a suit at the time of the event. As for my my pre-gala assistants, you all can enjoy your night in the city when all is accomplished. I'll try and get everyone out of there as soon as possible so that you could all enjoy your nights as well. Kenna, I'll need the excel spreadsheet on their finances as well as all all contracts with all the companies catering to the event. This is obviously a big deal to our company and we all need to do what we do best. I'll send out an email when the date comes closer for our itinerary and detailed information." I said getting up from my chair with Kenna following behind.

"Are you upset we took this?" Kenna asked just as we reached my office.

I laughed as I took a seat in my chair.

"Not at all, why do you think that?" I asked.

She had a confused expression on her face, "Well I know that you don't want your private life to be public and this event is literally throwing yourself into publicity."

I shrugged, "Whatever happens happens. It's going to need to get crazy before it gets better, mind as well get it over with." I said not really believing that statement myself.