All The Right Moves- Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Charlie

About three weeks have passed since I've visited Wesley's grave. It was just after Thanksgiving and Blake and Ethan wanted for us to head on a mini trip to their lodge.

This was where Ethan had spent his childhood and supposedly we had come here on vacations lately.

Entering the lodge felt foreign, and as much as I tried to remember the beautiful place, nothing felt familiar.

Sensing my curiosity, Drew tugged on my hand to show me around.

After leaving the cemetery, I felt that I wouldn't ask any questions until I was at peace with Wesley's death. Each day was hard but I knew myself.

I couldn't be overloaded with information or I would've lost it.

Drew had filled me in on all things work related as well as taken me to work. Kenna and Blake were training me on the business and it all came natural.

Yet I still felt overwhelmed.

I was having to relearn my business.

Sh*t sucked.

I felt that now that we were away from Auburn, I could get a clearer head. My views towards figuring everything out was changing drastically.

I didn't care to know about my past anymore.

Wesley's death confirmed that much.

Life was too short and I wanted to move forward.

"This is our room," Drew said as we entered a guest room.

"Our room?" I asked confused.

There were others so I was confused.

Scratching the back of his neck, he looked unsure of what to say.

"You and I usually stay here together since the other rooms are filled with either Jack, Mitch, or other people. We never cared to share." He clarified.

"Oh."

He let out a laugh, "You could never get rid of my sexy ass."

Looking at him, I must've seemed uncertain as he continued to speak, "If you care I don't mind sleeping in the spare-"

I interrupted, "Don't be silly. We practically crash on each other's beds all the time. This is no different."

He shot me a smile and I returned one in response.

This had been the first genuine smile I'd seen on him in weeks.

"I'm going to go start the fireplace. It's late, are you tired?" He asked.

I shook my head in disagreement.

"Not really. I know that Ethan and them are probably already asleep by now." I said opening my suitcase.

I wanted to change into something comfy.

"Meet me downstairs. Looks like it'll be just us two tonight," He replied before exiting the room.

Changing into comfortable pajamas, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

Washing my face, I looked at the mirror and mentally prepared myself.

I didn't want to rush into 21 questions right now, but I did want to ask a few.

Leaving the room, I found the stairs and made my way downstairs.