All The Right Moves- Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"Happiest of Birthdays to our favorite guy!" Blake cheered at Clay as she handed presents to him.

I smiled at the sight of Blake and Ethan with their son.

"What no extravagant party? I would've thought the kid would have a blowout party for his birthdays," I stated throwing confetti at them.

We were in their home and it was the morning of Clay's birthday.

Surely, Blake had something planned for the kid, she would be the over top mother.

Blake shrugged, "That was totally the last 3 years. Definitely doing a low-key birthday this year."

"Right, well. Here you go birthday boy!" I squealed handing over four boxes to Clay.

"Aunti Tigo!!! I like legos. Daddy look there's red and blue just like Uncle Dew's legos!" He squealed.

Blake laughed, "Looks like great minds think alike. You and Drew got him the same thing this year."

My heart in my throat, I hadn't heard about him or seen Drew since our last talk a couple weeks ago.

He really had been keeping his distance and giving me space.

"How is he?" I asked.

"Terrible. But you know that already," Ethan added picking Clay up.

I bit my lip.

"Hey, don't try and make her feel bad. They'll figure it out." Blake interrupted, lecturing Ethan.

"Oh come on, you of all people should know better that this space thing is bullshit. You flat out kicked my ass when I did the same shit to Blake, so, this is me returning the favor." Ethan stated, curtseying while shooting me a wicked smile.

I threw a banana at him, pleading him to shut up.

"Get out of here before today turns into a funeral Bradley," I stated shooting him a death glare.

He chuckled before leaving the kitchen with Clay.

"Are you alright?" Blake asked.

I nodded, "I'm fine. I'm just sorting through it all. I'll be okay."

She squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"You leaving today?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah actually. I'll be gone just for a couple of hours. Save the cake for me later tonight okay?" I told her as I stood up to leave.

"You've got it." She replied.

*******************************************

I was instantly greeted by El at the lobby who engulfed me in a tight embrace.

"You've made it!" She squealed.

I gave her a soft smile, "How are you?" I asked.

She beamed at me and looped her arm through mine and walked us into the arcade.

"I'm good! So much better now that you're here." She replied.

I noticed her limp slightly as we walked, "Still not 100%?" I asked as we continued walking through.

She tightened our hold, "Still bouncing back but no crutches and brace so I'm not complaining."

I shot her a genuine smile, "I'm happy to hear that."

"I already bought the tokens and food so let's play for a little and then we can eat!" She squealed, ushering us to the nearest Skee Ball machines.