All The Right Moves- Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"Alright so we have to ensure the production team is there by noon tomorrow, can we call up on our affiliates to ensure that they'll be there as well?" I asked the team.

We were in a conference meeting to wrap up some details for an event we had tomorrow.

"April 2nd at noon at La Vie. I'll make sure they know," Kenna replied as she wrapped up her notes.

It had been about a little over a month and I had been constantly in the office trying to regain the ropes and business flow of my company.

"It's like you picked up right where you left off," Adam stated winking.

I laughed, "What can I say? I'm a natural," I joked.

"Now let's make sure we're all where we need to be tomorrow. And you two, enjoy these last few days being single." I stated shooting both Kenna and Adam a smile.

I left the conference room and went to my office where I heard footsteps following behind, "Kenna is that you needing me to calm your ass down or are you coming to lecture me about something stupid?" I shouted as I continued to sit in my chair.

She shut the doors behind her as she plopped on the couch in front of me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "What's up?"

"Are you okay with everything, genuinely?" She asked.

I shot her a curious look, "What are you talking about?"

"You're so quiet these days. I know what that means, you're in your head. I mean, I know today's news probably wasn't either to swallow either," She added.

"What do you mean today's news?" I asked as I signed a few papers stacked on my desk.

"Come on, you know what I'm talking about," She replied.

I raised my eyebrow, "No, I really don't."

"Oh," She muttered.

"Kenna.." I probed.

"I mean it's all over the news. Literally all over the TVs in the lobby, just everywhere." She added.

"You either spill it or you leave Kenna," I half joked.

She shot me a sorrowful look, "It's open season, and looks like your quarterback might be leaving Auburn."

Instantly, my stomach soared at the mere thought of him.

I dropped my pen and glanced at the window to stare outside.

"Players get tossed around all the time, sometimes it's all just talk. But if that is the case, then I'm happy for him. Of course I am." I said, more convincing myself than anything.

Kenna laughed, "Sweetie, they only talk about this stuff if it's in the works and you can act all noble, but don't be noble to a fault. Go talk to him."

I felt my jaw clench and my hands grip my seat.

It had been 2 months since I've last spoken to him.

And now he might be leaving.

I instantly felt scared.

Drew was all I ever knew of comfort in this life and it had been my fault that we were in this situation to begin with.

I thought about him every second of the day, and I knew that he was doing the same.

I just needed to regain my own life, my decisions, my choices. I felt that I had actually turned a leaf and was beginning to.