All The Right Moves- Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Charlie

I couldn't breathe.

Not for a second longer.

"Baby, you're doing absolutely great. Just keep pushing," Drew encouraged.

I had been in labor for over 37 hours and I was about ready to grab the baby out myself.

"You don't think I'm doing that?" I stated frustrated.

Drew had been refraining from laughing for the last 6 hours as I knew my tolerance for these contractions were hitting a peak.

I received the epidural, but these pushes every however amount of minutes were making me exhausted.

I was 10 centimeters dilated now, and I knew it was just a matter of time.

"This baby needs to come out now," I demanded.

I felt my neck trickle with sweat and the Doctor was enthusiastic with my response to pushing.

I was pushing hard, but this baby was stubborn as hell.

"This baby is already like their mama, stubborn and feisty." Drew added.

I grabbed Drew by the shirt, "You want more? You're going to have to wait a long, long time. Enough time to pass for me to forget the level of exhaustion and pain I am in."

"Damn Tiger, you're fine as hell when you're all pissed off. I forgot what it was like to see you get so worked up with me. It's sexy." He stated looking at my eyes intently.

Laughing sarcastically, I let go of the hold I had on his shirt.

"Alright Charlie, you're having another contraction, I need you to push for me." The Doctor said.

Grabbing my hand, Drew spoke, "Alright baby, let's do this. Come on."

Pushing hard until the Doctor told me it was fine to stop, I took a deep breath.

Relaxing for what felt like a second, the doctor told me to push again.

"Again? Already?" I asked in disbelief.

Nodding, she spoke "You're almost there. I see the head."

Drew rubbed my shoulders and spoke, "You've got this. We're right there. Just a couple more pushes."

Pushing long and hard, I felt this push be the most successful one yet.

"One more of those and your baby is here. Are you ready?" The Doctor asked as nurses flooded into the room, ready for my baby's arrival.

"I've been ready." I told her just as she told me I was having another contraction.

"Push hard, Charlie. That's it, that's it!" She stated as I continued pushing.

Feeling as if a huge pressure had been removed from my lower half of my body, I saw the Doctor lifting a crying baby in the air.

It was as if my world had stopped spinning.

"It's a beautiful baby girl!" She stated.

Drew kissed me immediately and whispered against my lips, "We have a daughter."

I felt tears streaming down my face uncontrollably.

"Oh my god," I muttered out as the Doctor placed her on my chest.

Nurses were cleaning her as she continued to cry.

I looked over at Drew who was right beside me, crouching down as we stared at the beautiful child on me.