Draco Malfoy ~ Staring

Word count: 670

You were in potions and you felt like someone was watching you. You shuddered and then looked around tentatively, but everyone seemed to be doing their work. After a few seconds you seemed to calm your nerves and get back to work. After a few minutes the unnerving feeling of someone watching you kicked you. You looked around once more only to catch a glimpse of familiar blue eyes, Draco Malfoy. His eyes seem to flicker away from you instantly and go onto his parchment in front of him.

You had a funny feeling inside of you when you continued back to you work. For some reason you couldn't stop thinkin about why Draco looking at you. Maybe you were reading to far into it, but it almost felt like he was checking you out. You shuddered at the thought. And tried to get back to work, but your mind kept wandering.
'Focus (y/n). Stop thinking about stupid Malfoy!' Your mind yelled.

Seconds passed and those seconds turned into minutes. Your mind did not want to focus on the current task. You then realized that your leg was bouncing up and down and you were chewing on the inside of your cheek. Were you nervous? No. You wanted to know, correction, you needed to know, why Draco was looking at you. You took a deep breath in and looked over your shoulder. This time you made direct eye contact with those sparkling blue eyes. Draco did not look away this time and you were frozen tine. After what seemed liked minutes, Draco winked at you and got back to work.

You were confused, but that feeling was soon replaced by giddiness. A giddiness you never knew you had. Your stomach began to flutter and you couldn't focus. Why were you all the sudden feeling this way. You felt like an obsessive and insecure fangirl.

'STOP! FOCUS!' Your mind shouted.

After what seemed like minutes of sitting there trying to calm yourself down you gave. You sat at your desk with your potions partner while watching the potion fizzle and sputter. You felt your leg jiggling and you started to doodle on your paper. Your mind was wandering everywhere and you let your pen fly over the parchment with your doodles. Soon the paper was filled with little doodles. You looked down at it with dissatisfaction and sighed. The paper looked like a giant ball of scribbles rather than real art. You slowly looked up and rubbed your temples. Thinking about him, Draco, was impossible at this point.

Your mind was in a complete state of chaos. It was going back and forth while denying thoughts and feeling of the past.

'Maybe I've always liked him. No, you haven't you're just reading to far into it.  Wait, have I liked him the entire without noticing? Plausible, probably not. Maybe it was just those beautiful blue ey-, wait stop you don't like Draco! You're just paranoid and you're looking way into it.'

You were soon pulled out of your thoughts when you heard snapping in front of you.

"Hmm, what's up?" You asked with confusion.

The look on your potions partners face seemed to twist into the same confused state as yours, "Are you okay? You were put of it for a little, "

"Yeah, I'm fine," you replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah just thinking about some things ya'know."

"What kind of things?" They question, "not that it's my business or anything,"they quickly added.

"Just things, random thoughts and life. "

"Mmm, okay well you should get back into potions mind set before Snape chews your head off."

You sighed and got back to work. You started to read the board only to see the familiar pale blue orbs staring at you. You tried to ignore them but glance over to Draco. He seemed to notice and averted his eyes back down.

Why did it have to be today when you noticed? Why did it have to be during potions?