George Weasley ~ The Christmas Cupid

Word count: 1916

Your POV
It was the beginning of December and you were expecting to have a one relaxing month of a great holiday without worry for the TriWizard Tournament. That was then shattered when Professor McGonagall said that there was going to be a ball. You were excited for the ball until the one person you liked wouldn't ask you, George. Everyday you would try to hang out with George, but he was to busy trying to pair couples up with each other.

You guessed that he was being the messenger and becoming a couple maker, but it was something much more. As much as it warmed your heart to see George being a good guy you were feeling that he'd forgotten about you. As many times as you tried to ask him yourself a lurching feeling came into your stomach and you have up. You were nervous and you hated it. Your attempts of asking George because of the Yule ball weren't your first. You've been trying ever since fourth year, but every time you tried that feeling would wash over you making you back out.

Even though you had everything and was planning on going to the ball you felt like there was no point. The ball was slowly approaching and you George still didn't ask you. You were stuck in a debacle.

George's POV

I was scrabbling around helping everyone out get a date. I just wanted to be a good guy to all my friends and it was getting hard. According to Fred, ' I was being a male version of a sassy diva queen'. I couldn't help, but laugh and partially agree. I guess I was being a sassy diva queen because I was just so set and stressed to help everyone out.

Hell, I tried to set Ferret up with someone and told him to not wear pink to be a good friend. I also worried about the poor bloke Neville and helped push him to ask the girl of his dreams. I even had to help Fred out and involve Angelina and Harry.

As I was stuck in my own thoughts I noticed that I was so busy setting other people up with my mates, that I didn't get a date to the Yule Ball myself.

I was probably too late and (y/n) was taken. The one person I promised myself to ask was probably out of my reach. I mean they're amazing and everything about them makes me smile.

As I sat down to do my potions homework Fred sat next to me, "Oi George, you know you gotta get a date."

"I know," I sigh.

"Why haven't you asked (y/n) yet?"

"I'm too caught up with trying to be a good friend to others that I haven't gotten anytime," I sigh.

"ASK HER!" Fred exclaimed. "Come from the deepest part of your heart and ASK HER!"

I give him a weird look as I continue my potions homework, "Since when did you become the romance master?" I ask.

"Since you I know that you really like, (y/n)," Fred said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up," I say while punching Fred's arm.

Your POV

You got up early and sat in the Great Hall at the (your house) table and played with your food. As you sat there in your thoughts the Great Hall slowly filled up and students began buzzing about the Yule Ball again. Not wanting to hear about the ball you get up and start to leave the Great Hall. As your leaving you run into someone.

"Oh, sorry. My bad," you mumble as you look up.

Once you look up you come face to face with a familiar Weasley.

"(Y/n)!" George exclaims, "I, uh, need to talk to you."

Once again you feel the flutter in heart as he talks to you, but it suddenly dies as the reminder of just being friends lingers.