Chapter 45: The Final Stand II

Wells gracefully fought Zuno's shadows, he slashed and dashed around the shadows as if they were mere training puppets. Zuno's shadows were all defeated. Wells moved back and placed both his swords on his hip.

"So what are you going to do next?" Wells said.

"This." Zuno replied as he released a huge amount of darkness around him.

"Hah! I can match that. Watch this." Wells took out a spell book and casted a spell that would bring infinite number of swords. Small portals opened around him and all kinds of swords came out. "Ready?" Wells hurled hundreds of swords at Zuno. Zuno, now completely engulfed in shadows deflected a few as moved forwards slowly towards Wells.

------------------------

Jennifer managed to get the lock open. She took a deep breath prepared a spell on her right hand and opened the door slowly. The creeking of the door made the enchanter stop speaking. Jennifer saw a familiar face, a friend, a teacher.

"Exus?" Jennifer was horrified. "Why?"

Exus was standing in the middle of a spell circle with the forbidden book on his hands.
"Because the world will be in chaos if the war does not stop. Peace can only be achieved when magic rules over all, when one is above the rest. That is why, Jennifer." He explained.

"B-but you fought against the shadow summoners and even betrayed Ulric...." Jennifer was still shocked.

"I betrayed my kingdom, not Ulric. I helped stopped the shadow summoners because they were about to wreck this realm apart. My goal is for peace where there is no war and no battles. Our rulers goals are to help those in need, whereas we should be the one getting them to do what we need. Helping the weak won't bring sympathy, it will bring laziness and stubborness. Surely even you can see that." Exus went on.

"That's why you joined side with Wells. I won't let you do this. You're wrong, peace is when everyone lives in harmony. If you can't see that, I'll have to destroy you." Jennifer replied as she prepared to fight Exus.

"Such a waste of great talent. Well... only one of us is getting out of this alive." Exus said as he also prepared to fight Jennifer. He placed the book inside his robe and took out his magic staff.

Jennifer threw fireballs at Exus and the fight started. Exus spinned his staff deflecting all the fireballs, he then pointed the staff at Jennifer and shot energy rays.
Jennifer blocked with her left hand as she is pushed back. As she was about to attack, Exus rushed over to her and punched her in the stomach with his staff. Jennifer was knocked back, she held her stomach in pain. Exus then hit her with the staff again from below, this time on her chin. It sent her to the ground.

"Any last words?" Exus asked as he placed his staff on Jennifer's chest.

"See you in hell." She said as she casted a fire spell on the forbidden book.

"No! You imbicile!" Exus panicked as he rushed to save the forbidden book. Jennifer slowly got up and walked to Exus.

"You---you just ruined the thousand year old book! This book contained every spell from creation to destruction." Exus yelled.

"Well, I'm sure we can live with it. Now then, where were we?" Jennifer replied.

--------------------

The damone had pushed back the liberation army. Most of the army were tired out and kept moving back.

"What's taking them so long?" Wize questioned.

"Patience, they will break through." Ande said.

"We have to do something. At least make it stop advancing further or halt its movement." Eena suggested.

"I might have an idea how to do it, but I will be out of mana afterwards, so prepare to catch me when I fall." Ande said.

Ande leapt on a tree and prayed to the gods.
"Lend me thy strength one more time so I can eradicate all evil in this realm." He chanted. He took out his royal magic staff and pointed at the sky. A ray of light came from the sky into his staff. "Let us eradicate evil once more." He continued. He pointed his staff at the damone, his mana could be seen flowing from his body into the staff and the tip of the staff was glowing brighter and brighter. It was now in full capacity. "Let our magic protect us from all evil." He released the huge amount of energy from his staff into the damone. The damone was hit with full force from the staff. The power was so immense, it sent the damone back and even made it fall down. After releasing the energy, Ande fainted and fell, Eena was there to catch him with a spell.

"Thank you brother. Let's hope this is enough." Eena said.

The damone slowly fell back and was about to drop on the city. Earthquake was felt as the damone dropped. The city was empty only Zuno, Jennifer, King Wells and Exus remained.

"That's the signal" Jennifer said to herself.

"What???!" Exus was confused. Jennifer leaped and kicked Exus as she took the forbidden book. She casted a bound spell on Exus which tied him up with plant veins. She quickly looked through the burnt book for the spell to expose the damone or even bring it back to the other realm. Exus tried to break free, but was not able. She found a spell that would kill the damone on sight and began chanting, "Oh great gods, oh mighty magic, dispose of the great damone. Relieve it from its power, set it free from the spell bound on it. Bring its soul back to the under realm and may it live in peace for all eternity." After she finished, she immediately teleported out of the castle.

--------------

"What is going on?" Wells wondered.

"Your majestic being is dead, you are done." Zuno answered. Zuno was now close enough to grab Wells on the neck and slowly choke him. "You will die and so will your dream of having a world under your rule." Zuno choked Wells to death. He was consumed in shadows and will always be, his time has come. Just in time as the war ended.

Jennifer was back with the liberation army and they all saw as the damone fell on the city, destroying it. With its dying breath, it lifted its own sword and stabbed it on its own heart. A loud roar was heard and followed by complete silence. The war was over.