Chapter 6: Floran City

Morning came, Zuno woke up, glanced at Arya's place, but she wasn't there. He looked outside the tent, but she wasn't there also. He panicked and grabbed his musket and searched for Arya. He went along the river and came across a waterfall. He stopped, turns out Arya was there, taking a bath. Zuno just took a glance and went back to the tent.

"Man, what a sight," he talked to himself as he was walking back to the tent. He stood by the river, trying hard to read a spell. He saw some drawings in there, gestures about how to cast a spell. So, he began copying the gestures.

"Ok, so just flick my fingers? What kind of spell is this?" He mumbled.

"It's a fire spell, the most basic one, creating a fire." Arya was back and flicked her finger. "Just like that." she continued. Fire was created on her hand the size of a handfull and flaming hot.

"Woah, that's hot." Zuno said, although he was refering to Arya, who just finished her bath, and was still a bit wet.

"Its very basic, so you haven't deciphered any words yet? Usually a mage or wizard could easily read it, without learning the language. You're not a mage." She continued explaining.

"Then... What the hell am I?" Zuno asked.

"Just a normal boy I guess, but that doesn't explain how you saw a figure in the deep woods.... or perhaps it was just an illusion or maybe it was your conscious telling you to leave the battlfield. Then again, Terian said you're not safe here. Something is odd about you. But I can't discover what." Arya explained.

"Right, so I'm a complete mystery. I'm famished though, we should head to the nearby city to find some food." Zuno said diverting the topic.

"I just caught two fishes by the river, we can eat that instead." Arya replied.

"What are we waiting for, let's cook it." Zuno replied in excitement.

With a flick of her fingers, she started a fire at the campfire and they started eating.

"Alrighty then, I still feel hungry haha, we should continue moving to the nearby city." Zuno uttered.

They pack up their belonging and continued walking. Arya was very good with directions, she memorized the map of Enndorcsia in just minutes. They were headed to the nearby city of Floran.

-------------------------

"What? How is he still alive?" King Wells muttered.

"I can sense him, do you want me to go fetch him?" The boy with the white hair replied.

"Yes, I shall dispatch a scouting legion to accompany you. Bring him back alive and in one piece, remember, ALIVE." King wells ordered. "One more thing boy, what is your name?" King Wells asked.

"My. Name. Is. Wize...." He said slowly.

The Scouting Legion was dispatched along with Wize to capture Zuno and bring him back.

"Take his family, lock them in the dungeon, he'll have no choice but to return." The King said to one of the guards.

-------------------

On their way, Zuno sensed something, the same thing as before, a dark figure, but now it was watching them from afar.

"I'm sensing it again." Zuno said, frightened.

"Sensing what?" Arya replied.

"The same thing that I sensed last time, a dark figure, or a shadow to be precise, its watching us." Zuno explained.

Zuno took out his dagger and Arya drew her bow. He pointed at the right side of the forest, specifically on a tree. They both approached the tree. They were just a few meters away from the tree when suddenly a strong wind blew past them, the wind sounded like voices, faint voices screaming, and Zuno couldn't sense its presence again. It was gone.

"That was freaky." Arya said.

"Whatever it was, its gone now, I can't sense it anymore. I've got chills down my spine." Zuno replied.

They hurriedly continue their journey, and arrives at the gates of Floran City. The gate were closed and guards could be seen standing infront of the gate.

"They never had their gates closed before and especially guards never existed before." Arya said.

"I guess the war affected everyone, the land without borders, the land of the free now had borders and were no longer free." Zuno replied.

The two decided to come to the guards. The guards held their pikes and blocked the gate.

"What is your business here?" One guard said with a very deep voice.

"We are travelling mages, who come to cities and villages to help out as best as we can." Arya replied.

The guards put aside their pikes and shouted at the people guards inside to open the gate, the two were allowed inside.

"We are in desperate need of your help, welcome to the Grand City of Floran!" The other guard said.

"I guess we can't leave here soon." Zuno said.

"Well, how bad could it be?" Arya asked.

The citizen lived their normal lives, some were selling and buying goods, some were training, some were even playing music on the city square. People cheered and danced.

"It doesn't seem like anything is wrong here." Zuno said.

The two went to an inn, looking for a place to stay for the night. "Annie's Inn" was the Inm the went to.

"You have a room?" Arya asked.

"Aye, it will be 1 silver coin per night. It has two beds and a window." The bartender replied.

Arya tossed the silver coin and the bartender gave the key to the room. Room 5 was written on the key. They went in, put their belongings and went out to explore the city.

"Ehm, I don't have any money." Zuno said.

"I have plenty, enough for us to get to Andeena." Arya replied. "We need to get new weapons though and also a change in your attire, you still look like a ravenrockian." She continued.

Zuno nodded, they went to find a blacksmith and a clothes shop.

"Why are you helping me?" Zuno asked.

"Here is the thing Zuno, I believe that there was a reason why you could see shadows and there was a reason why I found you in the forest, you are more than just a normal village boy. There are no such things as coincidence." Arya replied.

Zuno was speechless.

They stumbled upon a blacksmith shop and entered. "Welcome to Undi's smithshop, what can I do for you?" A man welcomed the two.

"I'm looking for a sword, preferably light and cheap but sharp enough to kill a person." Zuno said.

"Ah, I have the right one for you, here, the Falchion type sword, it is one handed and single edged sword, light enough and of course can cut through a person." The man explained.

"Seems good enough, I'll take it, but this lady is the one paying haha." Zuno replied while giggling.

"It will be 1 gold coin madam." The man said.

"What? That expensive? I'll take no less than 50 silver coins." Arya replied.

"No can do madam, how about 75 silver coins?" The man asked again.

"Erggh, alright 75 silver coins it is." Arya replied.

They bought the sword and headed out to the streets. The city clock was pointing at 5, meaning its almost dark. The streets were empty, almost no people were walking around and no music was heard. The two were confused, then the man from the shop said, "You better hurry and get back to your room, the shadows will come out soon."

"What? The shadows?" Arya and Zuno asked at the same time. They didn't wait for the answer and rushed back to Annie's Inn and went to their room.

The clock pointed at 6, it was dark. No one was outside, windows were closed and doors were locked. Something was lurking the streets that night.