Chapter 33: High-Mage Ulric

Sam was thrown back and hit a wall. The wall shattered and Sam was hurting really bad. He was barely able to stand when Ulric poked Sam with his magic staff and blasted him off even further back through walls. The fate of Sam was unknown.

Selena had no control over the powers that the wand had. Ulric now came for her.

"Well, this should be easy as killing the other members of the royal family. They all weeped before their lives flashed before their eyes. You shall share the same fate and be reunited with them in hell." Ulric said.

"What? You killed my family?! Oh I won't go down as easy as you think. I shall take you down with me and avenge the deaths of my family. Were you the one who ordered the attack on my kingdom?" She was outraged.

"Yes, I did all of that. I broke the alliance with Ravenrock and many other nasty things. This land needs to be ruled by magic, they make everything better. We will make this whole land into Andeenan territory.!" Ulric replied.

Selena felt an itch inside of her armor, it felt like the armor was suffocating her. Something had penetrate the armor. She fell down on her knees, paralyzed. Ulric approached her in his black robe whilst holding two magic staffs. He had casted a spell to paralyzed Selena. He placed one magic staff right under her chin and the other one on her chest.

"You will feel pain. Oh yes, lots of it. You would wish that you die." He threatened. He casted a spell that burnt the armor on her chest. She yelled in pain as she fell down. She was lying helplessly, looking at Ulric above her, who was smiling.

Then, Ulric moved back. A lightning bolt was hurled at him. Sam had gotten back up, despite his terrible injuries. With all the energy he had left, he hurled nonstop lightning bolts at Ulric. Ulric could easily block the weak spell, he then pointed his staff at Sam and said, "Traitor." Ulric fired an immensely powerful fireball at Sam. Sam had no way to block it, he was burnt out of existence. Selena cried from where she was, she was still paralyzed and in horrible pain.

---------------

"What the hell is taking those two so long? We were supposed to meet here. Should I go check?" Zuno wondered as the rebels and survivors were gathered outside of the city to return to Floran City.

"I sense something, Oh no..." Jennifer said as she immediately teleported out of the area.

"Hey, Jen---! Urgh, I'll go too." Zuno growled as he went to darkness and teleported to the royal castle.

Selena's armor was stripped off by Ulric, he was enjoying the torture.

"Fire, fire,fire!" Jennifer chanted as she threw fireballs at Ulric. He deflected them.

"How dare you do this? I knew there was a mole in the kingdom, but never thought it would be you." Jennifer was in disbelief. Zuno appeared in the location and went to Sam's body. He looked at Jennifer and shook his head. Zuno then went infront of Selena, shielding her. "Jen, take her back and heal her, I'll deal with him." He ordered. Jennifer agreed and took Selena back a few blocks and started healing her.

Ulric laughed loudly and devilish.
"You find this amusing? You sick bastard!" Zuno yelled. He engulfed himself with shadows, granting him extra powers. "Let's dance." Zuno said in different tones of voices at once. He leaped forward and struck Ulric's staff with his sword. Ulric moved back and dismissed his staffs and summoned two elven swords. They both parried continously.

"You think you can defeat me boy? You are but a mere child, I have been studying magic for 800 years! There is no way you could defeat me. HAHAHA!" Ulric taunted as they broke off.

"I might as well try, after all, you know what I am." Zuno smirked as he raised his sword. "I am the shadow summoner." He leaped incredibly fast, catching Ulric off guard. He struck tens of times at Ulric. One blow hit Ulric and threw him back.

"Hmm, oh right. You are a shadow summoner. Silly me." Ulric giggled as he turned himself on fire and took out a light staff. Ulric surrounded himself with light aura and charged at Zuno, they clashed again. Ulric swung from the right side and Zuno slided down to dodge it. Zuno then slashed his leg as he slid. Ulric turned back and emitted a light pulse that made Zuno's shadows weaker. Ulric immediately charged and stabbed Zuno while he was weaken. Zuno screamed in agony as his shadows disappeared and he fell down.

"This is the end pal. Any last words?" Ulric asked as he placed his sword on Zuno's neck.

Just as Ulric was about to kill Zuno, a light beam came down from the skies, teleporting a person. Prince Ande had arrived, he swung his staff at Ulric and three him far back. Ande came to Zuno and gave him an elixir, "drink it." He said. Ande then went forth to Ulric.

"So this is what you've been doing this whole time? I gave my trust upon you to bring peace upon the lands, not ruin it! You shall be judged by the royal family and that judgement is death!" Ande made clear as he kicked and punched Ulric. Ande dismissed his staff casted spells on his bare hands. He used strength spell that made him 10 times stronger, so he kicked, punched and threw Ulric around.

"You think that acts of kindness and mercy will bring peace throughout the realm?! Peace can only be achieved when there is one ruling party above all that controls them. Only then, the war will stop. You know its true." Ulric said as he slowly tried to get up.

"On the contrary, I do think compassion and kindness will bring peace. It is people like you that stand in the way of it. I shall not show compassion to you." Ande stated.

"Your act of compassion will be the death of you." Ulric warned as he teleported out of the place.

Ande went to Zuno, who was sitting by a wall, holding his stomach that has stop bleeding. "Hold still." He said as he placed his hand right above Zuno's stomach and started healing him.

"Thank you." Zuno said in a faint voice. As soon as Ande had finished healing, he went back to Andeena. Jennifer came to Zuno,
"You alright? What happened?" Jennifer asked.

"I'll tell you later, how's the princess?" Zuno asked back.

"She's alright for now, but she needs further medication. My potions are all back at Floran City, so we just have to carry her back. I have cremated Sam's body and will bring his ashes to the land of the fallen." Jennifer explained.

"Let's teleport back, they must be worried about us." Zuno said. The two teleported outside of the city, Zuno carried Selena on his back.

"What the hell happened?" Grim asked.

"Long story, very long story. I'll explain on the way. But what you need to know is that Sam had fallen and the princess is gravely injured. We need to get back quickly." Zuno advised. After a long fought battle, the rebels headed back with quite a number of survivors. Sam's live was lost and Selena was injured. Zuno had no idea that his mentor and parents were waiting back at Floran City.