Chapter 32: Water and Earth

"We have to do something about this." Zuno requested.

"No, we can't possibly win against them. Just wait until it is over." Grim said otherwise.

"Ehm guys, have any of you seen the princess?" Wize asked.

"Yes, there she is....heading...straight for the city." A rebel pointed at her.

"That damn girl, I'll go after her." Zuno said. He ran to catch up to the princess. She was running directly into the battle.

"Zuno! Wait..." Arya shouted.
Selena was at the entrance to the city, she took out her sword and shield, ready to enter. She was a highly skilled knight, her father had taught her how to fight since a very young age. She was even involved in some of the battles. She entered the city, Zuno followed behind.

"What the hell are you doing?" Zuno scolded Selena.

"I can't just let the people here be collateral damage to the war that was never suppose to reach this place. Stop me if you want, I'm still going in." She insisted.

"Alright, did you have a plan in mind when you rushed here?" Zuno wondered.

"No...not really." She grinned.
Zuno rolled his eyes and shook his head. They heard people screaming not far, then an explosion followed. Selena rushed to the place. "W--wait... Urgh, damn it." Zuno mumbled as he followed her.

Selena saw three mages casting destructive magic around the area. She rushed in and attacked them. The mages saw her coming and casted fireballs upon her. Selena barely managed to block it with her shield. Then Zuno leaped from above and used his shadows to soften the landing. He slashed one of the mage and killed her, afterwards he came to Selena.

"You okay?" He asked. She nodded.

Selena took on one mage while Zuno faced the other one.
Zuno used the shadows power to empower his sword. His body was covered with dark aura, he could now control the shadows thanks to the deal he made back then with the summoners. His eyes turned pitch black, the mage against him was paralyzed with fear. Zuno bent down, placed his sword on his right side and leaped towards the mage. The mage used protection spell to stop Zuno, but Zuno pierced through the spell and struck the mage. The mage fell to the ground.

Selena was taking heavy fire from the mage. The mage used earth magic to manipulate the ground around her. The mage took out chunks of earth and threw it at Selena. She dodged most of them rocks, but one big chunk managed to hit her. She was thrown back, but still stood up. She ran towards the mage, who was now low on mana. The mage took out his sword and prepared to parry with Selena. He didn't have time to take the mana regeneration potion. Selena swung her sword high with full power and parried with the mage's sword. She thrusted her shield and pushed the mage back, giving her the chance to stab him.

It was seen that Andeena had taken over the capital and had killed the remaining Ravenrock soldiers. Selena wiped off blood from her mouth and went to Zuno.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Just a little bruise, nothing more." She replied.

An army of mages then appeared around them.

"Ah great, just what we need." Zuno mumbled. He summoned his shadows to shield them from the mages.

"This will be rough for us." Selena said.
Then, the rebels arrived to help, "You guys just can't stay still can you?" Grim smiled.

"Look, none of us want to do this, you've seen what he can do, and you know that Jennifer fought during the Great War and lived to tell the tale. Wize here is an enhanced human with superspeed. Do you really want to fight us?" Grim addressed the Andeenan soldiers.

The mages looked to each other and decided to fall back. "We will be back." A soldier said. They all teleported out of the city.

"I didn't think that would work." Grim laughed. "Alright people, heal the wounded, gather the remaining citizens here. We are going back to Floran City and taking them with us." She continued.

"I can't leave this place, it's my home. Its the heart of my kingdom." Selena insisted.

"Look, there is nothing left in this city, you said it yourself, rescuing the people is what we came to do. Once we have enough power to fight back, we will retake this city. It won't be lost, we will come back." Jennifer advised.

Selena stood still, then immediately ran.
"I'll go after her." Sam said.

"Alright, we meet at the edge of this city. We leave at first light the next day." Grim ordered.

Zuno and the others helped gathering the survivors to be taken back to Floran City.
Selena headed to the royal castle. As she entered the gates, she broke down and fell down on her knees. Tears came out of her eyes, she saw her dead father lying on the stairs. Sam came and comforted Selena.

"Come on, let's go back." He said.
Selena wiped her tears, "There is something in my chamber. I need to get it."
The two headed inside the castle, there were plenty of dead bodies around. They went upstairs into her chamber. She took out a chest under her bed.

"What's in it?" Sam wondered.

"Emergency stuffs." She replied.
She took a bag and stuffed the things in the chest in the bag. She took out a dagger and a wand.

"You're a mage?" Sam asked again.

"No...this is not mine, I didn't know how it got here. I guess one of my family left it here. I'll have to take it. Must mean something to them." Selena answered.

"We should get going." Sam suggested.

"Yeah, let's go." She agreed.

They walked outside and passed the stairs.
"We should at least bury him." She said.

"Yeah, alright." Sam looked around for a place to bury him.

Infront of the gate to the castle, a mage appeared.

"Well, well. This is the daughter of the Great General." High-Mage Ulric said.

"Oh no." Sam flinched.

"Hello traitor, are you both ready to die like her father?" High-Mage Ulric greeted.

"Who the hell are you?!" Selena enraged.

"No need for introduction, let's fight." Ulric replied.

Sam went infront of Selena and casted protection spell. "He is one of the most powerful mage in Enndorcsia." Sam warned. Ulric made the skies around them dark and lightning came down on them. From his hand, he formed lightning bolts. He shot the bolts to Sam who could barely stop it.

"Sam! No!" Selena yelled. Sam was electrocuted and thrown back. In desperation, Selena took out the wand that was in her bag. Out of the blue, she managed to empower the wand and water started coming out of the wand. It was a water elemental wand. She flicked her wand and attacked Ulric.