Chapter 44: The Final Stand I

Zuno and Jennifer crept from building to building. They had taken off their armors and left their weapons behind in order to blend in as normal people. They still wore their hood to hide their faces. Though the outer rim of the city was empty but the area  near the castle was crowded with the people and soldiers. It was the only safe place from the gigantic being. They both used concealment spell from Jennifer to reach the area near the castle. All they needed to do now was to enter the castle and search for the book.

Meanwhile, the damone was now face to face ,well rather, feet to face with the liberation army. Ande and the mages were prepared to distract it as long as possible until the two find the book. The Damone started lifting its sword and held it above its head.

"Now!" Ande ordered as the mages flew up in the air and started firing upon the damone's face. They all used explosion magic to be able to damage it, even a little bit. Ande soon followed using a spell around his body, he flew up. Selena and her army marched and circled around the damone's feet, they stabbed, or tried to, its feet. Little or no damage was felt to the damone as it swung it sword across the sky hoping to hit the mages. It moved relatively slow, so the mages could easily avoid it. The damone also stomped the ground several times causing the ground to shatter and crack, but Selena's cavalries were unharmed. Though they don't know how long they can keep it up.

------------------

Zuno and Jennifer were now inside the castle. Oddly, it was almost unguarded. They proceeded to search for the library, as they walked through a hallway a cry was heard. A cry for help.

"That sounds like my mother, but that cannot be. They are safe back at--" he figured that Ravenrock might have used magic to kidnap his mother. "Bastard." He cursed. "We should split up, you go look for the book while I go save my mother." He added.

"It could very well be a trap." Jennifer warned.

"It damn is a trap. I'll be fine, go find the cursed book." Zuno said. "A powerful mage might be in possession of that book. Be careful."

"You too." She added.

Jennifer nodded and they split up. She went door to door looking for the book while Zuno followed the cry for help. Zuno found himself in front of a great door. It must've been the castle's main hall. He swallowed deeply as he opened the door, upon opening it his mother was sat down at the King's chair and King Wells was standing beside her, polishing his sword.

"Hello there Zuno. We meet again." Wells greeted.

Zuno made a fist and shadows formed around him. "Let go of my mother you bastard!" He cursed yet again.

"Calm down my boy, you know I won't just let you take her right? Won't you ask for the terms?" Wells mocked.

"What?" Zuno was damn mad now.

"Kill me first, simple right? I'll begin." Wells said as he plunged his sword towards Zuno. Zuno dodged and threw shadows at Wells. Wells used his sword to shield him from the shadows, he stepped back and taunted "Really? Shadows? Well I have a few tricks up my sleeve too." Wells said an enchantment and his sword turned black and seemed to be stronger.

------------------

Outside, the mages were continously raining fire on the damone. The being seemed fed up with the mages and flung its hands back and forth across its face. The Damone flung its swords at the mages, this time faster, causing a shockwave that blew the mages back, knocking some on trees. It then flung its sword down towards Levenhood cavalries. They were dispersed, the sword hit many horsemen and they were forced to move back.

"We can't keep this up for much longer." Ande said as he came to Selena.

"We don't have to, Zyx and the rebels will continue while we take rest. We play defensively and patiently." Selena said.
Andeena and Levenhood forces fell back, Zyx, the feliones and the rebels were ready. As the being was about to move forward, the feliones ran and climbed on the damone. The damone roared as it tried to shake the feliones off its body. The rebels fired their muskets and Arya was high on a tree trying to shoot its eye, with the help of Eena, she floated. Grim and the rest took up their swords and just slashed the damone's feet. The damone was distracted once again.

-----------

"Well then Zuno, come at me." Wells said as he placed his hand up and taunted him. He lifted his sword and prepared to parry.

"So you're a mage. How ironic." Zuno replied.

"Well no, I'm not. I have the blessing from Ulric that gave me his powers upon his death. Weird right?" Wells answered. "Less talking more fighting." He dashed to Zuno and struck a few hits at Zuno.

Zuno's shadows managed to block a few but one managed to hit him on his right arm, he was pushed back and moaned in pain.

"What's the matter Zuno? Didn't think I would hit you?" Wells continued to mock Zuno.

Zuno covered his injured arm with shadows and he summoned a sword. "Alright, you want a fight? I'll give you one." He said as he leaped and parried with Wells. They pulled back and parried again. They seemed to be equally matched. Zuno was pissed so he pulled back, punched the ground to summon his shadows and sent his shadows to fight Wells. He summoned ten shadows, all carried swords. They all attacked Wells, but Wells took out another sword and both of the swords were enchanted.

"That's the best you can do? I can do this all day." Wells continued to taunt Zuno.

----------------

Jennifer searched from room to room, killing all the guards along the way. She came across a room that she could not open and was sealed using forbidden spell. She took out her spell book and tried to break the lock. From inside of the room a person could be heard mumbling spells. Jennifer heard it and was shock of the spell being casted, she rushed to unlock the door. She seemed terrified and sweat came out all over her body as she prayed to magic that the worse does not happen.

"May our magic protect us from evil." She whispered.