Chapter 16: Special Ones

Zuno was static, his pupils widened in fear, his mouth was wide open and his body was shivering.

A door slammed opened, Arya came rushing out holding her staff while still in her sleepwear. "What the hell happened?" She screamed.

Three mage guards also rushed to where Zuno was. "What happened sire?" One of them asked.

"Uh---uh.... I--I killed a person, but it was an accident. I guess he or she wanted to kill me." Zuno stuttered for he was still in shock.

"It wasn't one of us, there are no mana leftovers." The other guard said.

"We will definitely look into this issue, but for now, return to your chambers." The guard advised.

"Come on Zuno, I'll take you to your room." Arya said.

"Thanks." He replied.

--------------

One week later

"Alright Zuno, now summon the shadows." Ulric said.

"Right. From darkness and by darkness, I summon thee creatures of the dark, RISE shadows of Zuno." He chanted as he placed his palm on the ground. He formed a dark circle with 2 meter diameter around him. One by one, shadows began appearing. This time, the shadows are starting to listen to Zuno. The shadows were humanoid form, they were as dark as the night and some even have some sort of cape that dangles from their backs. They had no face, just pure black humanoid figures standing around Zuno.

"Good. Now, try ordering them to move towards me." Ulric said again.

There were 4 shadows around Zuno, just standing idle. Zuno move his arm and pointed at Ulric. The shadows followed his directions and moved towards Ulric. But, instead of moving slow, they ran towards Ulric, wanting to kill him.

Ulric used his magic staff and casted a light spell which brightens the surroundings, hence making the shadows disappear. "Try again Zuno. This time, don't make them attack me." He ordered.

"Alright." Zuno took a deep breath, "From darkness and by darkness, I summon thee creatures of the dark, RISE shadows of Zuno." The shadows appeared again, this time there were 3 of them. Now only using his voice, he said "Go." The shadows move slowly towards Ulric.

"Good, keep going." Ulric said.

A mage knock on the door and entered in a hurry.

"We're practicing, can't it wait?" Ulric wondered.

"It's his parents sir, they are here." The mage said.

The shadows disappeared, "My parents....they're finally here." Zuno said softly.

"I'll take you to them sir. Please follow me." The mage said.

Zuno didn't hesitate, he immediately followed the mage.

The mage took Zuno to the royal garden. There, Zuno's parents were talking to Princess Eena.

"MOM! DAD!" Zuno screamed in joy as he ran towards them. His parents dropped in tears as they hugged Zuno very tight.

Princess Eena smiled as she gazed upon a family reunion. Ulric arrived not long after Zuno.

"Took longer than expected. But we got them out." Ulric reported.

"Better late than never, good job." Eena congratulated. "Let's leave them be."

"We thought you were dead son." Zuno's mom cried.

-------------------

"Take cover! Enemy artillery!" Prince Ande yelled. He was still at the city of Wesh, Ravenrock was now there.