Chapter 4: The Great Battle

The day was cloudy, the field was filled with haze, rain could drop at anytime, armies were seen standing on the field, a three way battle was about to start.

Andeenan mages casted a spell over their city to protect it from barrages and enemies entering the city, a forcefield could be seen covering the city. Ravenrock musketeers were on the wall, prepared to snipe the enemies and their cannons were ready to do long range firing. While all of Levenhood troops were out on the field, ready to charge with full force, they had enourmous ammount of men which are on horseback, wielding their spears ready to charge into enemy lines and break their formation. An estimated 1,000,000 soldiers from the three side combined were out in the battlefield.

The leaders from each kingdom went forward to the middle of the field, there they negotiated.

Prince Ande of the Andeenan Kingdom was accompanied by Terian and Arya. The Great General of Levenhood Kingdom was accompanied by to fully armored knights on horses which were also fully armored. For Ravenrock, the young prince, heir to the throne, Aspian, was accompanied with two black-armored knights.

"Greetings fellow warriors! We have a few terms to propose" Prince Ande said

"Hello, we too have a few terms to propose" Aspian replied.

"Cut the chit chat, we don't have any terms for we will eliminate both of you!" The Great General shouted in confidence.

The soldiers were all waiting for the signal whether to fight or not. They were all holding their weapons tighter.

"Very well, what we want is simple, both of you stop this nonsense battle and lets deal this like men, so no more people will die in vain, I propose a duel, thou, thee and I, we shall fight till the death." Prince Ande said.

"Nonsense!" The General replied.

"I too agree we should do a du---" suddenly, blood was dripping from Aspian's chest, someone shot an arrow. He fell off his horse and died. Prince Ande could sense an arrow flying to him and thus curved it with a gesture from his hand and hit his shoulder instead.

"This is proposterous! We shall show no mercy!" Prince Ande shouted. They all went back to their line.

Ravenrock and Andeena had a common interest, to eliminate Levenhood, soldiers of Ravenrock and Andeena signalled each other for truce and both attacked Levenhood.

"Who fired that Bloody arrow? WHO DID IT? Now we have to deal with both of them at once!" The General said in great frustration.

Levenhood cavalries marched and rushed to break the line of the enemy. Canons and muskets could be heard firing their shells. And from the skies could be seen fireballs raining down on Levenhood soldiers.

Levenhood cavalries were shattered. They were dispersed into many places.
Ravenrock knights and Andeenan archers could easily kill off the cavalries. In just 30 minutes, Levenhood armies now have the same number as the other two.

Out of nowhere, fireballs rained down on Ravenrock's fort, canons were destroyed and the musketeer, including Zuno were hit. Zuno thought it was the end of it. He went down the wall to hide from the fireball barrage. At the same time Andeenan soldiers were shot down by musket bullets. It was utter confusion.

Zuno saw something strange, none of those attacks came from both kingdoms and not from Levenhood either. He saw that the fireballs, musket shells, arrows were not from either of the kingdoms. He saw something at the south of the field, deep in the woods, a dark figure casting spells in order to tear the kingdoms apart.

Amidst the chaos, he tried to desert the battle, he ran towards the forest in the south, abandoning the army, a ravenrock knight sees him trying to flee and rushed towards him and stabbed him on the left shoulder.

"This is what you get for deserting the battle, I won't kill you, but that wound will" the knight said.

Zuno was in severe pain, bleeding heavily. s
Something made him want to keep moving to the forest. The knight went back and watched Zuno walk slowly towards the forest.

"I'm not dying today, I made a promise" Zuno whimped. He walked slowly, holding on to trees to help him stand, the trail of his blood could be seen. Eventually the severe blood loss made him fall to the ground, no longer able to stand. Just before he passed out, he mumbled the word "heal."

The battle continued, now with Ravenrock and Andeena fighting against each other again. Levenhood saw this opportunity and joined the fight. Prince Ande, wounded, returned to the safe city to recover. Aspian's corpse was taken back to the fort, even though it no longer resemble a person, for it was burnt, blown up and stomped on. The boy with the white hair was excellent using the musket, he killed more men than any of the other musketeer combined. The great general slashes through his enemies, wielding two swords while on a horse, he was unstoppable. Terian was casting protection spell to defend the wounded units returning to the city while Arya was shooting down the pursuers of the wounded.

Arya suddenly stopped, she heard a faint noise in the forest, calling her. Terian also heard it, they both looked at each other and nodded. Arya left and went towards the forest. She went through the battlefield, dodging arrows and bullet like a dancer, while killing those in her path. She was very talented and her instinct never failed her.

The battle finally ended after it has raged on for hours. There was litteraly almost no soldiers left standing on the field, all sides received major loses. Terian was exhausted, he had no more mana and passed out. Arya saw the field from the edge of the southern forest and all she could see were corpses, burning, stacked on top of each other and she could hear cries from the soldiers who were dying on the field.

"Thou shall rest in peace" Prince Ande casted a spell, killing all those soldiers dying in the battlefield. He couldn't bear hearing the cries and scream for they could not be saved, some had their bodies chopped off and some were severely burnt. The screamed stopped and all that could be heard are the sounds of ravens flying around the corpses.

No victory was gained that day, no cheers were heard from cities and forts, there was only silence, honoring the dead.

For that moment, the three forces came together and burnt all of the dead bodies so they do not spread diseases.

"I wish it was not about grief when we could gather together, I was a fool for thinking that victory could be achieved." The great general said.

"Aye, let us all pray to our gods, that their death was not in vain and that this war will end soon enough." Prince Ande replied.

"Aye" the general replied with a whimpering voice.

The remaining soldiers from three sides took torches and began burning the bodies.

The night was bright with the fire of the dead. The three sides decided to have ceasefire and not fight one another. But the decision to stop the war was not up to them, but the high kings and queens of each kingdom could only make that decision.

At least at the great battle, peace was achieved. But at a terrible cost.