Chapter 3: The Battlefield

The teens ready themselves as the battle horn was blown, they put on Ravenrock's signature armor, all black with a white raven symbol on the chest. One thing that made them be in awe was looking at the weapons the kingdom had. They had to pick a class: Knight, Archer, Dual-Wielder & Musketeer. Zuno decided to be a musketeer, for he thinks that he will be in the backline and won't go directly into battle. He grabbed the musket and some ammo with it.

"Don't forget to grab yer sword mate, you'll need it" the blacksmith said.

Zuno grabbed a saber and equipped it to his belt. He then went out to the kingdom's field. The teens expected the King to give a speech, but no. There was none. Instead they were sent to march across the land without borders and fortify their frontlines.

The land without borders was vast, bigger than the three kingdoms' territory combined. Across the land, spreads cities and villages, it was anarchy, nobody governed any of the cities or villages, the dwellers lived together based on common interest. There were no laws here, so anything can be done. Oddly enough, the land without borders was the most peaceful land in the realm. But the war that was brought into their land, forced them to pick sides in order for them to survive. Since then, the land without borders has been divided.

Zuno was in squadron 1, along with the boy with the white hair. Zuno didn't catch his name and just called him white hair. They marched for weeks, until they finally arrived at the frontline, Fort Dessa.
Ravenrock had claimed the land from the people of Swendal and turned the city into a fort. On the far east could be seen a city controlled by Andeena and on the far north a fort controlled by Levenhood.

Zuno was told to fortify the walls, so he did. He went up and looked at beyond the wall. It was terrible, bodies were laying everywhere and ravens feeding on them. A battle had just ended with Levenhood being victorious. Time could only tell when they will attack again. So they waited, anxiously.

-------------------------

Fortifying the Andeenan city was a young mage called Terian. He just finished mastering all spells and was immediatley appointed as the guardian of Sedeena city. The Andeenan forces were blown away by the sheer size of the Levenhood army and suffered massive loses. Thanks to their healing magic, the wounded could be helped in time. Terian was desperately trying to figure out a way to win the battle, he too was a teen thrown into battle without knowing why it started. His job was clear, Win.

"I can sense fear and sadness between the cities" Terian said.

"Aye great one, we were all brought here without knowing why, we are all as lost." An elven lady replied.

With Terian was a stunningly beautiful elf, with white hair and long ears, she was 17 years old. Her name was Arya. Her kind were the only ones to witness the great war decades ago and still lived to tell.

"I was always thankful for the Andeenan King for taking us in during the times of desperation." She said. "I was saddened with death of the king, he died with honor defending his home,"

"It was really brave of him to march on the frontlines and take on two forces at once, even though we were victorius, but we lost our leader." Terian replied."The young children of the king decided to rule Andeena together, and they even refused to be called king and queen, but instead prince and princess."

"Now here we are, fighting in the name of our king, wanting vengeance, I guess, and of course to bring peace back into Enndorcsia." Arya commented.

They both looked into the battlefield and prayed to the magnificent one for they will have their blessing to win the battle and restore order.

"They just won't st----", suddenly a loud boom sound could be heard from the city.
They immediately rushed to see what happened. It was their leader, Prince Ande who just teleported to the city. All the dwellers bowed and were in awe. He was wearing the robe of kings, with the Andeena emblem of a three headed dragon on the back and wielding his unique staff of Undull (a staff that could only be made from dragon scale).

"Your majesty, you're here?" Terian asked in utter confusion.

"I'm not letting us lose again, therefore, I will join the next battle, with the help of my greatest warriors of course." Prince Ande replied.

"Yes my prince." Terian replied with a smile. "May our magic protect us from evil."

"May our magic protect us from evil." The warriors and mages cheered as the morale of the army rose, they were all ready to fight again.

------------------------

Levenhood had spies on both kingdoms and knew every information there is. Which was why they won the first battle. Their great number of men gave them the greater advantage in the battle, but they could still not breach the walls of the other cities, so for them, it was not a victory but merely just a training for them to do their attack once again. Their generals never went to battle, but they were planning strategies on how to infiltrate the cities. Levenhood was prepared, they were prepared to win.

"My liege, we are ready, send out the orders and we will deliver you victory!" A commander said.

"Wait, let them gather up their strength, it won't be fun winning in the first hour of battle. Haha!" The great general replied.

The great general was consumed in confidence and arrogance that it blinded him to see the opportunity to strike while the enemies were weak.

From the windows of the general's chamber, came a spy, bearing news about the Andeenan Prince who has decided to join the fight and about the new weapons that Ravenrock has.

"Doesn't matter, we still outnumber them both 100 to 1 in battle! Let them send their troops, let them send their best warriors, let them send their best weapons, they are no match with the power of Levenhood!" The great general yelled.

The three forces were ready, ready for the second biggest battle, which they all call it as the battle for Enndorcsia.

What the people of The land without borders had feared came true, their home became a battlefield. Zuno has no idea what he willl encounter, but he was committed, he won't break another promise, his parents are waiting back home.