Chapter 27: Unexpected Turn

Floran City, the city furthest south and the furthest from any kingdom, was now under the control of the rebels. Words quickly spread throughout the land about the new rebels, even the kingdoms were made aware of the situation.

Two weeks had passed since the taking of the city. It was still being rebuilt but people started coming from every town, and even from the kingdoms. Grim was appointed as the Governor of the city with Zyx being the Commander of the rebellion. They were now two thousand people strong. Laughter could be heard everywhere across town, no one felt any pressure from the ongoing war.

Zuno was lying down with his hands crossed under his head on a small grassy hill just outside of the city. He was thinking about his parents and how they were doing. "I hope you are doing ok mom and dad", he mumbled. Arya then came to Zuno,

"There you are, I've been looking all around the city." She said.

"Here I am. What's up?" He replied.

"Grim wants to see you, she said that she has a mission for you." Arya explained.

"Alright, give me a minute." He said.

They both headed to the city hall, there Sam and Wize were already talking with Grim.
"This is as far as I go." Arya said as they stood by the main entrance.

"Wait, you're not a part of the mission?" Zuno wondered.

"No, not this time." She answered.

Zuno then entered the hall.
"Ah Zuno, come it's urgent." Grim said.
Zuno stood beside Sam and Wize.

"Alright, so some of you know why you are here, for those who don't, here is a quick briefing about the mission. We have information that the people in the cities and villages near Levenhood are being slaughtered as we speak, the reason for that is unknown. Few have made it here to tell the tale. They reported on seeing Ravenrock and Andeenan army doing the killing not Levenhood. Your mission is to rescue any survivors from the cities and bring them here. You three will be accompanied by a handful of our men which will follow your orders. So far so good?" Grim explained.

"Yes" the three replied.

"Good, you will go immediately. We made new outfits that represents us rebels and also the flag. Go to the armory and try it out, we also have new weapons from the soldiers that defected from the kingdoms. Good luck." She made clear.

The three left the hall. Outside, Arya and Jennifer were waiting.
"What's going on guys?" Jennifer asked.

"We are going on a mission, to rescue people." Sam said.

"And we are not invited." Arya was upset.

"Hey, it's probably for the best. We have to get going." Wize said.

The three went to the armory, there 4 women and 3 men were also preparing.
They took the new uniforms, which was grey long sleeved-clothes with a hood and a face mask, trousers, socks, gloves and shoes. The armors had a symbol on its crest, the symbol of a white dove with a broken chain around it.

"Not bad at all." Zuno said as he put on the new outfit. Zuno took a sword and two daggers and placed it on his belt, Sam only took his magic staff and spell book, while Wize took a longsword and a single-edged sword and placed it on his back, he also took 10 throwing knives and placed it wherever he could find a spot in his armor. Zuno and Sam didn't wear an armor, only chain mail to protect them. Wize on the other hand, was fully equiped. The seven people accompanying them were all swordsman but also carried muskets.

They prepared their rations and they all went on horseback with one of the swordsman carrying the rebel flag. The journey would take them three days to reach the nearest city in the Levenhood territory.