Chapter 43: The Damone

Ande rushed towards the great library and went through all the forbidden books. The guardian of the library was dazzled, Ande did not say a word and looked extremely scared. Ande opened the forbidden book of spells but none explain how to summon a monster. Then as he went looking through, a book was missing. Eena came soon after and helped Ande with the search for the missing book. The guardian of the library came and told them that the book was last borrowed by High-Mage Ulric, the whereabouts for the book is unknown. Ande and Eena rushed towards the late Ulric's chamber and torn the place apart, but the book was not there.

"Could it possibly be---" Ande muttered.

"No, its not possible." Eena was in disbelief.

"Is it?" Ande thought otherwise.

------------------

Zuno was now in the dark forest again and he walked down the path again. The summoners were not there to greet him. Zuno yelled and yelled for them to show up and after a while, they did.

"What is it that you call us?" One asked.

"You know what has appeared in the realm right? You have been monitoring? Right?" Zuno asked in a hurry.

"Ah yes, the appearance of a damone. The creature never before seen and only known through stories. What about the damone?" Four answered.

"How---HOW DO WE STOP IT?!" Zuno screamed.

"Calm down Zuno, screaming will bring you nowhere." Three said calmly.

"You know what will bring me nowhere?! This conversation! Just hurry and answer the damn question!" Zuno was pissed.

"Alright young one. We'll answer the damn question if you so wish. The only way to stop the damone is if you use the spell that summoned it to summon it back to the underworld. It can---" Two explained and whispered the last sentence.

------------

At the battlefield, as daylight struck, the enormous being could be seen standing still, with its head literally in the clouds and was holding a sword on his left arm. The liberation army looked in absolute fear, there was no way for them to defeat such thing. From the city gates, King Wells marched outside with a few guards and they set up a small tent where he waited.

"I think he wants to meet." Wize said.

"Obviously, let's go." Grim said. Grim, Jennifer, Arya and Selena answered the king's call.

"So I see you are the leaders, greetings. As you all know, I am King Wells the Third, ruler of Ravenrock. You all should know why I called upon you." King Wells said.

"Yes, well we can't actually miss such a gigantic being. So I suppose you ask us to surrender?" Grim replied.

"Ah so you're the leader of leaders. Yes of course I ask all of you to surrender, but not only that, upon your surrender you will pledge your allegiance towards Ravenrock and then you will fight our wars in reclaiming the lands. I will wait until dusk for your answer. You know what will happen if you reject." King Wells explained. He immediately left without waiting for the response of the others.

Grim and the others were left speechless as they slowly walked back to their base. Upon their return the people and Zyx awaited for them to say a few words, but none came from them. The leaders instead walked straight to Grim's tent. Zyx entered after them.

"What happened?" Zyx asked.

"They ask for our surrender, if we don't, they will unleash the giant being." Grim said in a flat tone. She punched the table in anger and screamed.

"When will Zuno and Ande return? We can only hope that they will come back bringing  convincing answers to defeat that thing." Jennifer said.

So they waited and it was now only a few minutes until dusk. Grim was pacing back and forth in her tent while Jennifer and Arya were busy analyzing the monster.

"You know if we can cut off its legs, we could probably bring it down." Arya suggested.

"Yeah with what? We'll need a gigantic sword just to be able to scratch that thing." Jennifer replied.

"Right, never mind."

A loud boom was heard and Ande was back, with Eena by his side. They rushed to Grim's tent and all the leaders assembled.

"We need to get in the city and find a spell book." Ande addressed.

"The forbidden book is missing?" Jennifer was shocked.

Before Ande replied, Zuno barged in and said, "I know how to defeat that thing."

"How?" Everyone wondered

---------------------

Dusk came and King Wells waited outside the gates. But none of the liberation army leaders came.

"Shame. Unleash the beast!" King Wells ordered as the Ravenrock army pulled back. They all watched as the giant being slowly began moving its legs. It took one step and the ground shook hard. Some of the liberation army fled in fear. However, the leaders seemed calm although a bit tensed. The being took another step and it roared. The roar was so loud, it sent animals fleeing from the forest and a shockwave formed in the clouds. The being lifted its sword and carried it on its back and continued slowly walked.

"If we don't survive this, just know that it has all been worthwhile. The struggle, the uprising, everything had been great. I'm glad to be amongst you." Grim said.

"Ssh, we'll survive this. Let's just do our best while Zuno does his thing." Arya replied.

"Just make it fast Zuno, Jennifer. All hopes lie with you two now. Swords up! Let's bring that thing down!" Zyx ordered as he lifted his sword up high. Others followed him and they prepared to attack the giant being.

"May our might and magic protect us from evil." Ande said as he took the mages into formation to cast a powerful spell to repel the beast.

Meanwhile Zuno and Jennifer snuck into the city in hopes to find the forbidden spell book.

As day turned to night, as light turned to dark. The battle for the liberation army's survival began.