18

Lizzie pov

Grandma said "so you've read your times tables and know who your teachers are and what classes you are supposed to be in." We all nodded. Hank said "You are all with raven for the first part of training and then you will come out side understand?" Kenzie said "yep." Everyone else nodded. I said "can we put on music?" Raven looked at grandpa who nodded and then raven said "sure." Grandpa said "Lizzie, make a speaker appear." I did and then I hooked up my phone with all of our favorite songs. Brook said "now this is how I remember thinks at the studio." Kenzie said "I'm awake!" We all laughed a little. Annabella said "and now you have our full attention and we are ready to work... and be ware lizzie and I get a little competitive." Raven rolled her eyes at us and said "Lizzie and kendall, Brook and Kenzie, Annabella And Charlotte, Jojo and Nia, kalani and Brynn those are your partners." Kendall and I hugged. We then began training. Grandpa yelled In all of our heads 'use what you've learned in dance!' I did a areal to block a frisbee. Hank walked in and said "next training course." We all fallowed behind him. Kenzie said "grandpa?" I could see hank smile a little at beginning called that. He replied with "yes Mackenzie?" She walked up to him and grabbed his hand and said "what are we doing?" He looked at all of us and said "you'll see." We walked into a lab. Kenzie held on to hanks hand a little tighter. She doesn't like labs they scare her... don't ask me why it's just one of those odd fears she's had since I can remember. Hank said "Mackenzie, your fine." She looked at her blue fuzzy grandpa and nodded. He sighed and picked her up "better?" She smiled and said "yep." Hank chuckled softly at her. The rest of us smiled at them. Kenzie's dad has been out of her life since before she was born so the fact that she has her grandparents is kind of amazing. Hank put Kenzie down and said "these are for you girls."

I looked at the suits and said "their just like Rogue and kitty's" hank nodded and said "you are a team

I looked at the suits and said "their just like Rogue and kitty's" hank nodded and said "you are a team... the only difference is that these have a color tint so the black is tinted with a color." We all looked at each other and kendall said "Cool!" We all said "thank you!" Hank nodded and said "now go see Charles, he's waiting in the library." We all waved and said thank you. When we were outside of the room Kenzie said "I'll be right back." We all looked at her but nodded.

Kenzie's pov

I ran back into the lab and said "grandpa?" Grandpa came around the corner and looked at me. He smiled and said "Mackenzie, what's wrong?" "I'm scared..." he looked at me confused and bent down to my level and said "about what?" I shrugged and said "everything..." he sighed and hugged me lifting me up and sitting in a chair. He said "I was too you know." He paused and smiled a little as he remembered the past "I worked for the military before they knew I was a mutant. I wasn't always blue and fury. I was only 17 teen when Charles, Eva, Erik and raven showed up at the base I was working at. Charles revealed my mutation to my boss that day and we've been friends since... the bass we broken into and we lost three of our X-men in one day so Charles took us here... we became a family while we were here... but I was terrified on my first mission... I was scared I was going to mess it up... we had to save Eva from an evil man... I didn't think I had it in me but-" "he did." Grandpa and I turned around to see grandma standing there. She smiled at me and said "our first mission was scary for all of us. Even with training we were young and scared of failing. After that first mission we all gained confidence but the X-men team no longer was the same. Erik and I left. Eva and Charles were broken for a time and eventually we all came back together." I've never really seen my grandparents in the same room together. Grandma said "do you remember your dad?" I shrugged a little I remember bits and pieces of him... he was in and out of my life when I was little. Grandpa sighed and said "of course she doesn't Raven he hasn't been in her life since she was three years old." Grandma said "and he's just like my father was yet when I saw him again I still remember him." "You weren't three years old-" "no I was 8 years old." I sighed and said "can you stop fighting please." Grandpa sighed and huffed. Grandma grabbed my hand and said "I know what it's like to be scared. I know what it's like to be alone. You might be scared but you will never be alone." I hugged her grandma said "and you don't have to hide from us Mackenzie we know what you really look like." I turned off my mutation and I knew my blue hair and skin had come back when my grandma smiled at me and said "much better. Mutant and proud my darling." Grandpa smiled at me and said "see. You have nothing to be scared of your just like your grandmother your strong." Grandma kissed my cheek and said "now go to class there waiting for you out side."

No ones pov

As Mackenzie left Raven smiled at hank and said "she really is amazing." Hank nodded and said "she looks just like you." Raven shook her blue head and said "she has your hair." Hank smiled and smiled "I feel so bad that I wasn't there for my son and now I'm letting my granddaughter down-" "you didn't let Mackenzie down. Curt you didn't know about until we came to the school... after I found him again." "Yes I know." Raven rolled her eyes and said "he looks just like my father except for the horns and he's blue but same tail, hair and eyes..." Raven said "I should be going it was good to talk to you hank." Hank nodded as Raven left. Ravens mind drifted to the first time she saw her father since she was a little girl

Memory

He was stood next to Shaw staring at Raven. Raven shook her head and watched Eva walk away. Azazel looked at his daughter with pride, pity and a some disappointment that she wasn't joining him. Raven glared at her father the man who left her for dead. Alex yelled 'get back' Raven and everyone else moved out of the way and then Shaw and his team were gone. Raven sighed and whispered 'good bye father, I wish you luck and hope you the best in life. I love you father.' She then went over to her friends trying to get over everything that just happened.

End of memory