4

Eva's pov

We all sat around our living center talking or playing games. When two guys walked up and one said "ohh I didn't know the Circus was in town. Hey come on honey give us a little." He started making noise and arm movements to look like wings. "No. come on let's see the foot." Hank stood up and the guy said "there it is come on big foot let's go." Hank shut the curtains. I tuned everyone out when I heard shaking and noises coming from out side Darwin said "what was that?" I said "it's Shaw, listen to me he's going to try and recruit us. Say no believe me you don't want to be anywhere near this man." All of a sudden the guy in charge of our division dropped from the sky. I groaned and said "always your first defense plane isn't it Shaw?" I whispered "try and contact Charles and Erik." I grabbed my phone and handed it to Alex who called Erik. Alex said "no answer." Raven said "Charles won't pick up either." Angle said "are we going to die?" I hugged her and said "if it comes to that I'll give myself up." Darwin shook his head and said "we will work together to protect each other." Then a window shattered and we all ran. We then ran back into the room when two guys steeped through the window. Then Shaw walked in. All the girls were hidden behind the guys and since I was smaller then Darwin Shaw hadn't noticed me then he asked about Charles I could feel my blood boiling. He took his helmet off and said "good evening my name is Sebastian Shaw." I stepped out from behind everyone and said "believe me I know exactly who you are. Or have you forgot what you did to my family?" Shaw looked at me and said "Eva." He then went into this huge speech I rolled my eyes and said "don't listen to him. He's nothing but a lair." He smirked and said "I'm the lair? Have you told them your past?" I looked down Shaw said "how about how your family died? How about your number?" I glared at him. Angle said "Eva?" I sighed and said "Erik and I are originally from Germany. We were born into a Jewish family-" everyone gasped. "This man shot my parents in front of Erik and I-" "now Eva I do believe I gave you a choice-" "3 chance to move a coin and water on demand. Something we had never done unless out of fear or anger." Angle went to grab his hand she was falling for it. I said "I'll go with you." Alex said "Eva!" I shook my head and hugged the kids I was being to think of as my own or younger siblings... I said "Alex, everything will be fine. Tell Charles I love him please do that for me..." Alex nodded and said "M- Eva, you can't go with him. This is crazy." I shook my head and said "I'm protecting the ones I love." Darwin said "Eva, you don't have to-" I grabbed his hand and slipped a piece of paper into it and said "I do. You guys will be fine. Please don't try to stop me." Angle said "Mom, I want to go with you." I looked at her shocked yet happy. I had tears in my eyes. I hugged her. Raven said "Eva, my brother loves you. You can't leave him. What about Erik and Charles?" "Raven, you will know what to do when the time comes. But stop hiding from the truth. Remember Mutant and proud." We started to walk away when angle said "I'm coming." Cassee said "Angel, really?" When we got to the window Darwin said "stop I'm coming with." Then him and Alex had some beef before I noticed him slip the paper I gave him into Alex's hand who passed it to Raven once Darwin turned around. Shaw said "what is your mutation?" "I adapt to life. I do what's best to protect myself So it looks like I'm going with you right." (Sorry if that's not right) I know what he was doing and I didn't like where it was going. When Darwin got right next to Angel and I he said "Alex." Alex said "get down." And then Angel and I were being protected by Darwin. Shaw caught Alex's mutation in his hand and said "you adapt? Adapt to this." He then put Alex's mutation into Darwin's body. I shot water into his body kicking the mutation out they would battle until one, won. Before we could find out we disappeared into red smoke. Shaw looked me me in under the control room of the boat. I started thinking about letting Charles into my mind but it wouldn't work. I sighed and said "I'm sorry Charles, Erik." I then took that time to sleep.

Dream

I was sitting in a field full of yellow flowers I was in a purple sun dress. In the distance I saw a little white horse. I walked up to the door and nocked. I person I never expected to see again said "Eva, dear come, come your friend Darwin arrived shortly ago." I hugged my mother and said "mama." "Dear, come on in now." I walked in and saw Darwin. I said "Darwin? What happened? When I left I made sure- No." Darwin said "it's okay Eva, I'm in a better place that your not supposed to be in. What were you thinking giving yourself up like that?" I rolled my eyes and said "I was trying to protect the people I love." Darwin said "sorry ma." I put my hands on my hips and said "I need to find away to reach Charles," Mama said "darling, Erik won't rest until he finds away to find you again. You know that." I sighed and said "I hope so..." That's when I noticed my papa. I said "papa," papa smiled and said "Eva, you must wake now my daughter, be strong." I nodded and said "I love you guys. So much." Darwin said "and Eva, remember to tell Alex it wasn't his fault." I nodded and said "I promise." Darwin said "good luck mom." I smiled before everything disappeared.

End of dream.