Stiles started pulling on a chain embedded in the dirt. It resembled the chains used for animal traps, but when he yanked it free, there was nothing at the other end.

"Congratulations, Stilinski. You found a length of chain," Coach sarcastically applauded. "Now, can somebody please tell me what the hell's going on?"

I noticed a small string where Coach had been walking.

"Hey, Coach!" I yelled, alarmed.

Suddenly, an arrow struck Coach in the chest.

"Oh, crap," he fell to the ground, clutching his chest. "Get it out of me! Get it out of me! Get it out of me!" he yelled, his shirt stained with blood.

"Oh, my God, I'm gonna die!" Coach continued to scream, panicking. "Get it out of me! I'm gonna die!" he ranted.

"Coach, you're not gonna die," Stiles assured, pressing down on the wound to stem the bleeding.

"I'm gonna die!" Coach persisted, seemingly ignoring Stiles' efforts.

"It will hurt less if you stop moving, Coach," I advised.

"Get that thing out of me!" Coach screamed, and his eyes widened even more at the thought of the arrow being pulled out.

"If we pull it out, you're going to start spouting blood like a fountain," I warned him. His eyes widened, and he screamed even louder.

"Stella," Stiles looked at me, unamused.

"Well, it's true," I mumbled.

"Stay still, Coach. An ambulance is coming," Scott reassured, trying to keep Coach calm.

The ambulance arrived, and they quickly took Coach away. Stiles went to speak with his father, while the rest of us gathered nearby.

"Scott, you better look at this," Ethan called out, and Scott joined him at the back of a car.

"This is the same wrapping paper we used for Coach's birthday present," Scott noted.

"Wasn't that William Barrow's thing?" Ethan asked, examining the paper.

"A bomb made from nails and bolts, all wrapped in birthday present paper?" Aiden concluded.

"Where did it go off?" I asked, trying to piece together the puzzle.

"On a school bus" Scott's eyes widened.

+++++

We sprinted back to the school, where everyone had gathered around the school bus. Parrish approached the window with 'Sheriff Stilinski' on display.

"The bomb isn't here," the Sheriff muttered, his concern evident.

"Come on, we've got to go!" I shouted, urging everyone to get moving. We piled into Stiles' jeep.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked as we rushed to the car.

"The Sheriff's station," I explained, and as I hopped into the car, the engine roared to life.

Stiles drove us there with the police not far behind. When we arrived, it was too late; smoke enveloped the station. Scott and Stiles split up from me.

I spotted my uncle and Derek.

"Chris!" I ran over to them, my eyes falling on the glass in Derek's back. "Oh, my God."

I gingerly touched his back, and he winced slightly.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"I'll heal," he reassured me from his chair.

"You can't always say that. One day, you might not be able to heal," I warned, crouching down to his level. I then turned to my uncle. "Wait, why are you guys here?"

"Long story," he replied, shaking his head. I nodded in understanding.

"Stella, we've got to go!" Kira called my name, breaking the conversation.

I got up from Derek's side, and he gently held my hand. "Be safe," he said, his eyes softer than usual. I gave him a questioning look but simply nodded.

I hurried back to join Kira. "The Oni are coming," she informed me, and we quickly got back into Stiles' car. Scott explaining to Kira where we were heading

"It's an animal clinic?" Kira asked.

"Yeah, the place is lined with mountain ash, just like my house. It'll buy us some time," Scott explained. I couldn't help but appreciate how mountain ash had become our security measure.

"But they can get through it?" Kira questioned.

"Eventually," I replied.

"Any better ideas?" Stiles asked, glancing off the road briefly. No one had a response. "Okay, animal clinic it is."

+++++

The rain started pouring down on us as we got out of the jeep, heading towards the door. Stiles fumbled with the keys.

"Guys," Kira said shakily.

I turned around, and there were four Oni.

"Stiles, get inside!" Scott shouted before transforming into a wolf.

Scott fought off the Oni one by one, while one of them came for me.

"Alright, let's see what you've got," I said, raising my fists.

He drew his sword and aimed it at me, but I quickly ducked under it and swiped my legs, causing him to fall.

"Scott!" Kira yelled, and when I turned, I saw a sword through him.

I ran and kicked one of the Oni off Scott, but the knife remained lodged in him.

"Get him inside!" I ordered Kira and Stiles, and they hurried to bring him indoors. All the Oni were now on the ground.

We rushed inside, and I closed the door behind us.

"I'm going to go get some medicine or something," I announced. I began searching through the cabinets in another room, finding some supplies. When I returned, I found Kira on the floor, and Stiles was twisting the sword in Scott.

Stiles hadn't noticed me, so I grabbed a knife and approached him silently, placing it at his neck.

"Get away from him," I warned him in a low, dangerous tone.

"Oh, Stella, you're my favorite because you're feisty," Stiles smirked, "but you're not Stiles' favorite, and I just don't know why."

I brought the blade closer to his neck.

"Stella, don't. This is what he wants you to do. We don't know if this could kill Stiles," Scott grunted, the blade still in him.

I stepped back from Stiles.

"Not so smart."

'Stiles' struck me in the face and grabbed the blade, scratching me before kicking me in the gut, causing me to black out.

'Stiles' was a real pain; it was the second time he had knocked me out.

A/N
I hope you guys are liking it so far. Please don't forget to comment that actually really helps me out to know if you like it or not ❤️❤️