See The Heart, Steal The Heart, Love The Heart, Break The Heart, and Repeat

The next morning was full of rain. I literally jumped out of bed and ran

directly outside, still wearing my pajama shorts and tank. The air was warm and

wet, and my ponytail got drenched as soon as I walked outside. I jumped and

danced in the wet rain, not caring who sees. Of course, everyone in the house

was startled when I suddenly ran outside, and when I looked over, I saw Roc

poking his head out the door. He gave me a puzzled look, and I smiled, then

continued jumping in the rain.

As a little girl, I always use to do this with Chels. I was taking ballet, so

I would always start doing ballet in the rain with her. I never grew out of

this, and before I knew it, I was dancing around in the wet rain, as I always

would. When it came for my favorite part, I had my eyes closed shut, imagining dancing around as a litle girl, with my aunt Chels. I leaped up into the air, for her to catch me, but it didn't go how it was supposed to. For one, I wasn't a little girl anymore; I was a fourteen year old. Second; Chels wasn't there to catch me anyways. I leaped into the air, moving my feet as I had learned as a kid, and jumped as high and wide as I could. I heard a scream before I fell. "LEXI!" and right after, a pair of hands grabbed my waist. Chill were sent down my spine, and my body was very aware of it. My heart began thumping for many reasons. I opened my eyes, panting and crying. I turned to see who it was that caught me, and RayRay looked at me with wide-open eyes.

Ray: Girl, what the hell are you doin?

I didn't respond. I stood there, shocked. What was I doing?

Ray: Yah know what? It doesn't matter... Here, Imma leave you and Roc to talk amongst yourselves.

RayRay ran inside, letting go of me, his, now wet, braids flopping around as he ran back inside. His shirt was almost as drenched as mine, and he wrapped his arms around himself to warm himself, when a cold breeze came along with the wind.

I hadn't noticed but it suddenly got colder and the rain got heavier. I let the tense feeling in my body go and began to cry. Remembering Chelsea made me like that. She was my best friend, my mother figure in my life, she took care of me, and everything! I never wanted to lose her, and I had gotten myself kicked out of her house! What have I done? I hadn't even called her to clear everything up! I just let her do that.. I sat there, sobbing a little more. Another pair of strong hands touched me, and instantly, my nerves were aware of it. A chill, larger, more powerful, and faster than the last one, shot down my back and gave me a nice feeling thoughout my body. I looked up to see the eyes of my boyfriend. Roc shot me a worried look. He was smart and came out with his raincoat. I sat there, shivering. Something was not right with me, obviously. Rain was one of my favorite things- I would NEVER shiver or cry or anything when it would rain. But here I was, crying and shaking more than a McDonald's french fry saltshaker! My hair and clothes were drenched in both water and tears. My eyes and nose had began to redden and my face got puffy. My wet hair stuck to my face everytime I shook a little. I got a little embarressed, looking like this in front of Roc, but all I could see in his chocolate eyes was concern. For me.

Roc, being the sweetheart he is, took his jacket off and wrapped it around my shoulders. I loved that it carried his scent, a sweet fruity, but manly smell. I wanted to just bottle it up and spray the world with it. His jacket was warm from him wearing it, and I instantly warmed up, but it didn't help my headache too much. Tears ran down my cheeks, racing the raindrops on my skin. I wanted to thank Roc. I wanted to hug him and thank him forever. I wanted to tell him how much I loved and appreciated him. I wanted him to know how amazing he is, and that I didn't deserve someone as perfect as him. But I couldn't bring myself to talk. We sat there in silence for a short while.