4| Traitor

The same number has been calling me for the past two days, and guess who still didn't answer it...me. I didn't know them and I didn't plan to get to know them either. It could be a bill collector or whoever, which is no one I would want to waste my time with.

It was my day off, so I took a long bath and chilled in my pajamas with my hair still wrapped in my towel. I lay on my couch with a bowl of ice cream in my hand as I watched a novela. It started to get intense when my phone rang...again.

" Hi...bye" I said as I hung up the phone and carelessly tossed it across the couch.

Then my doorbell rang.

" I'm not home come back later!" I yelled as I refused to get up from my comfy spot. It was quiet for a minute before it rang again. I groaned and shook in annoyance before so slammed my bowel on my coffee table. With my towel secured on my head, I walked up to the door not even caring to lol through the peephole as I opened it. I almost shit myself at the sight of two men in polished suits.

Damn...it was the government...

" Whatever you think I did, I didn't do it" I confessed as confusion and nervousness washed over me. Both of the men looked at each other in confusion.

" Excuse me, lads, I believe I'm the one who needs to talk to her" a British accented man chimed in as he pushed through them into view.

" And you are?" I asked.

" I'm Alfred, the butler, who is to escort you to the airport for the show" the man stated.

" What show?"

"Or contest"

"What contest?

"The show" he at attempted to explain.

"Huh?"

The butler sighed heavily before he cleared his throat as if preparing himself for a long-winded response.

" It's the show in hopes that the prince will find a bride so he can finally claim his birthright as the rightful king of Romania" the butler explained.

" You mind giving me the short version of everything because my shows on and I think this vato is cheating on Lucia but I can't know for sure if you keep trying to tell me a novel" I stated as I looked back at my tv.

" You were one of the lucky ladies to be chosen to compete for the hand of the prince. Now, you would have found out sooner if you bothered to answer the phone"