I Will Protect You ~Naruto Uzumaki x Reader~

Similar to you twin sister, Hinata, you've developed quite a crush on Naruto. However, you had more of a loud, outgoing nature, making it easy to befriend people. Ever since your Academy days, you've tried your hardest to be the best you could ever be. Eventually, you became strong enough to be acknowledged by Neji, Sasuke, and, finally, Naruto.

Ever since Naruto has acknowledged you, he's been sticking around you a lot more often. "Ne, (Y/N)-chan!", Naruto yelled. You jumped at the loudness of his voice, "Yes, Naruto-kun?", you replied calmly. "How did you get so strong?", he asked, blue eyes twinkling in excitement. 

You blinked, "Uh... I practiced with Neji-nii-san and my father a lot...", you answered quietly, a bit shy. Naruto's smile faded and was replaced by a slight frown. "What's wrong?", you said, noticing his change in expression. "I don't have an older brother or parents to practice with...", Naruto trailed off as he played with the end of his jacket. You pouted a bit, "I'll practice with you!~", you smiled, cheerfully.

Naruto looked at you, mouth agape. He smiled back and nodded.

~~11 Years later~

You fought alongside Naruto, Neji's limp corpse fell in front of you. 

"Neji-nii-san!", you screeched. Tears streamed constantly down your face. You knelt down next to his unmobile body. A line of blood trailed out of Neji's mouth. He gave you a small smile before he closed his eyes forever. You held his body closer to you and sobbed, but realized where you were. You laid Neji's body gently on the ground and wiped your tears away.

"I will do as Neji did, and protect you and the shinobi world.", you stood up and activated your Byakugan. Naruto held your hand. "(Y/N), stay alive. So then we will live happily together back in Konoha.", he stroked your cheek with his thumb.

Your eyes widened and your cheeks turned red. You wiped your tears away with the back of your hand and nodded. You faced the numerous amount of monsters and fellow shinobi on the battlefield.

"I will protect you.", you told Naruto.

"I will protect you, too", Naruto said, tightening his forehead protector.

~~After the War~~

You and Naruto walked through the gates of the cemetery, dressed in all back with all the citizens of Konoha, plus more.

Everyone was lined up in front of the KIA stone, grieving the ones they have lost. You and Naruto stayed behind, standing in front of Neji's personal grave.

Tears threatened to fall out of your eyes. Naruto took your hand and made you face him. He gently pressed his forehead against yours and stroked your cheeks. 

"That will never happen to you. I will protect you, I promise."

(A/N): I don't really know where I was going with this fluff story. This is why I prefer writing angst xD ~jazmynecchi