Never Come Back ~Sasuke Uchiha x Reader~

this one is kinda angsty

You were the only one who truly understood Sasuke. Your family was killed by a close friend because it was a mission. The Hokage thought your family was too strong, worried that your clan would take over Konoha. So, he sent 3 of your closest family friends to slaughter the (Y/L/N) clan, and leave you all alone. Until this day, you continue to avoid and quietly send hatred to those 3 "friends". Your life was dark, losing all you had at the age of 5. Then you started at the Academy and met Sasuke, a person who you could understand and a person who could understand you. 

Over the years, you've developed feelings for the raven haired male, but you knew he was too focused on getting revenge for his clan and killing Itachi, the person who murdered his clan and his older brother. 

The night he left the village was painful. You waited for him in the forest, you even saw him knock out Sakura. When he walked into the forest, you jumped down the branch you were perched upon. "Where are you going?", you asked quietly. "None of your business, (Y/N). Now, move out of my way.", he shoved you aside, you lost your balance and fell down. You were surprised, he usually called you by his little nickname he gave you years before. You glared at the back of his head, "I hate you, Sasuke Uchiha! I hope you never come back!", you screamed, tears streaming down your face. Sasuke froze, you hated him? Of course, being the tough guy he seemed to be, he pretended he didn't care. But it really killed him inside to hear those words come out of your mouth. 

"Good, cuz I won't...", he said, then proceeded to walk out the forest, and your life.

~~2 Years Later~~

The past 2 years have been a living hell. Without Sasuke, you had no one to open up to and really understand you. Currently, you were on a mission with your team, Naruto, Sakura, and a new member Sai, under the leadership of Yamato, Kakashi's temporary replacement. 

You and the team were on the way to Orochimaru's hideout. "Sasuke...", Naruto mumbled, jumping through the trees faster. Sakura looked at you with sympathetic eyes, your face showed no emotion, but really it killed you inside every time someone ever mentioned him. 

You all arrived at the hideout, checking every room if Sasuke was in there. Yamato looked at you and nodded. You sighed and sat down, closing your eyes. You did a few hand signs and your senses were intensified. "He's here. I can feel his chakra.", you muttered. You ran ahead, the team following close behind. You ended up at a dead end, suddenly a explosion opened the dead end. You coughed loudly, trying to get the dust of the rubble out of your face. You looked up, seeing a taller, familiar figure. Your blood boiled as you recognized the shadow. "Sasuke...", Sakura whispered.

Out of nowhere, you used my teleport jutsu and appeared behind him without him noticing. Once he noticed you were gone from your original spot, he smirked. "You've gotten faster, haven't you, (Nickname)". Your grip on your kunai tightened, "Don't call me that. You have no right to call me that anymore...", you said through gritted teeth. He slowly turned around and his eyes widened. Puberty has....done you well. You suddenly threw your fight fist forward, hitting Sasuke square in the nose. He stumbled back a bit, "(Y/N)-chan!", Yamato called out, "Retreat!", he demanded. What? They want us to retreat now? After we finally find him? You rolled my eyes and ran after Naruto and Sakura. You looked back one more time at Sasuke, guilt obviously filled his eyes, but you honestly didn't care. He left without considering you feelings. I know it sound pathetic, but you would feel that way, too, right?

~~4th Shinobi War~~

You were healing Kakashi's hand while Sakura was healing Naruto, the 4th Hokage standing in front of us. Then suddenly, a dark shadow flashed in front of us. "No way...", you mumbled, noticing the familiar crest at the back of the shirt the person was wearing. 

"Nice to see you, too, (Nickname)...", Sasuke looked back and frowned slightly when he noticed you wasn't paying attention to him anymore. 

"Don't call me that...", you said quietly, clenching your teeth in anger. Sasuke turned back around, "(Nickname), come on, Kakashi's healed now. Come along, we need to take out these guys.", Sasuke commanded. "Fine, but only because I want this stupid war to be over.", you stopped healing Kakashi and stood beside Sasuke. "If you two are going, then so are we.", Naruto said boldly, Sakura cracking her knuckles. You looked over at Sasuke, "No, there's no need for that. We need to do this one on our own.", he said. 

We looked over the war battlefield, eyeing the dead corpses and multiple monsters running amok. We charged, you were slightly ahead. A monster approached us, Sasuke was too far behind to block the attack. You focused some chakra into your dominant hand and threw a punch at the pitiful thing, sending it flying across the battlefield, knocking some other monsters on its way. "Why did you leave?!", you asked, fighting off some monsters. "I wanted more power!", he said, left eye twitching a bit. "You're lying! Tell me the truth, Sasuke!", you fought off the last monster in our area and looked at him. 

"I didn't want to fall in love with you. It made me feel weak! I didn't know what else to do! I've never experienced lover before!", he finally confessed. You stared at him, "Don't you know how I've felt these past few years?! I was betrayed by another important person in my life! I had no one to open up to, of course there was Naruto and Sakura, but they'd never truly understand me like you did! I just felt so alone and empty, Sasuke!", sobs escaped your mouth. Your mouth was suddenly covered by another pair, kind of chapped, but still somewhat soft. Sasuke pulled away, a pink tint covering his cheeks. "Hey, Sasuke?", you asked, laying your head against his chest. "Hm?", he grunted. "When said I never wanted you to come back, I didn't mean it.", you admitted.

 "When this is all over, I'll be sure to show you how much I love you..."

(A/N): WOw haven't posted on this book in a while, I'm sorry, but I hoped you enjoyed this semi-angst ~jazmynecchi