Love In The Moonlight

• Dedicated to Cora Ormond

Love In The Moonlight  

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely  

© All Rights Reserved- 2010

Prologue

"Kalee, table fifteen's drinks are ready!!!" Mike screamed to her from behind the bar.  

Quickening her step Kalee Simons grabbed up her table's drinks and shuffled over to deposit them to their proper owners. "I have two long island iced teas, and two red bulls and vodka. Y'all need anything else???" Smiling at the two women and then their dates, unfortunately the two women were throwing her glances of 'I'm better than you' looks and pushing their petite noses further in the air. Continuing to smile and shrug off the painful glances, she turned to check on her other tables.

Kalee was used the mean glances, since she could remember she always dealt with weight issues. Throughout her youth her weight went up and down, even after the birth of her daughter she worked her butt to lose every ounce of baby weight. Now she wasn't what most would call skinny but she wasn't morbidly obese, for once in her life she was finally comfortable in her body!

As her shift was coming to an end she finished up the last of her duties. Taking off her apron, she pulled her long brown hair out of ponytail and fluffed it up. She wished her night was over but she knew that wasn't so, looking at her watch to see it was almost twelve she quickly went through the back door making a bee line to her older Mercedes Benz. As she was fumbled with the key she stopped at the sound of snapping of twigs in the tree line she parked in front of. She quickly got the car opened and jumped in slamming the car door, keeping her eyes on the where the sound came from. Kalee could of swore she saw a pair of eyes watching her!!!

_____________________________________________________

"What can I getcha?" The sweet voice snapped Connor back to reality, looking at the waitress his breathe was caught in his throat. Catching his breathe quickly he smiled.  

Looking over at his blind date, Mandy, she chimed that she wanted a long island iced tea. "I'll take a Red Bull and a Vodka." While his best friend Blain and his date ordered he couldn't take his eyes off the waitress. She was beautiful! With blue eyes that wouldn't compare to the bluest sky and long dark brown hair with soft curls close to the tips. He looked over at Blain, who was talking to his date. Suddenly Mandy caught Connor's attention after she said his name twice then started waving her hand in front of his face.

"Earth to Connor!" Mandy called smiling seductively. Unfortunately for Mandy, she was not what he looked for in a mate or better yet any woman! Mandy was a model, shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes, and to make matter worse she was human!

A few minutes after mindless chit chat with their dates, the nameless beauty of a waitress sauntered up with their drink on a tray balanced just above her shoulder.

"I have two Long Island Iced Teas and two Red Bulls and Vodka. Y'all need anything else?" She smiled at them, the hint of her southern accent lingered in Connor's ears. After getting dirty looks from his date she just simply turned to walk away. He didn't want to see her walk away, something in him wanted to grab her and stop her from ever walking away!

After telling his date good night, Connor sat in his car for a few minutes waiting for Blain to join him after telling his date the same. Blain opened the passenger door and flopped in the seat, he glanced over at Connor and shoved his hand through his shaggy black hair.

"What's up, Connor? You've been awfully quiet the whole night! I mean come on dude you could of easily scored with Mandy! She was knocking back those drinks!"

"Yeah, who could miss that? Not to mention the way she was a HUGE bitch to the waitress!"

"Yeah, so?" Blain was confused.  

"So?" Connor grit his teeth together, he hated women, actually GIRLS that act childish like that. "Look Blain I'm tired of these stupid little human models you keep setting me up with. How exactly do you expect to find a mate in them? They couldn't carry pups through the first month!"  

"Who said I was ready to find a mate?" Blain smiled and wiggled his eye brows at his friend. "Since when were you ready to find you mate?"

"Since the second you introduced me to Mandy!" Connor snorted. "Did you get a good look at the waitress? Holy shit! What I would give for a mate like her!" Connor leaned his head back against the head rest and closed his eyes remembering every little contour of her gorgeous face from her perfectly sculpted eye brows to her pink, full lips. Sitting up suddenly, Connor turned to Blain, "Hey, why don't you just take my car back to my apartment," he quickly glanced out the window up at the moon, "I'm going to shift and make my own way home!"

Blain eyed his best friend, "I know what your up to Connor, but she's a human. No Were has had a human mate in many generations. Plus what if she already has a husband or boyfriend? How do you expect to get her attention let alone tell what we are?" Blain looked worried for Connor, they had been friends since they first met at training when they were four. Connor's green eyes showed concern for what Blain just said, but something about her was pulling him to stay near her.

"Look Blain, I know your concerned, and trust me I have those same worries too. But at this moment I can't leave her, I need to be near her." Connor opened the door and jumped out, turning around to toss the keys in the front seat for Blain. Checking around for anyone to be watching him or around, Connor started to strip throwing his clothes into the car as fast as he could. Connor jogged quickly over to the wooded area and shifted. He looked back over his shoulder to Blain, who was watching and quickly spoke mentally to his friend, 'If something goes wrong I'll get a hold of you.'

Blain stood out side of the car watching Connors gray backside saunter into the woods, calling out mentally to Connor, 'You'd better!