11. Worries Are Gone

Six months later, after Daniel's arrest, I sat on the black leather couch thinking about my past.

Two years before Harmony's death-

Beep, beep, beep

The monitor above my mom's hospital bed rang. My five year old self sat next to eleven year old Harmony, crying her eyes out.

"Everything will be okay, Angel, I promise. I'm not going anywhere," her scratchy voice whispered, "I promise."

But that promise was hollow, as twenty-six minutes later, the monitor flatlined. My father walked in, the anger evident on his features.

"You killed her, you little brats! It's all your fault!"

It wasn't our fault. More than anything it was his. One week ago, me and Harmony decided to pick up the constantly ringing phone, not knowing it was one of dad's 'special' clients. Nevertheless, when he found out, all Hell broke loose.

"It was an accident, dear, they didn't know!"

"They need to stay out of my damn business! I'm the one who puts a roof over their heads, the one who feeds them, the one who's about to beat the sh*t out of 'em!" And with that, we ran. Only looking back to see our mother fall to the floor, beginning to fight back against my father who was trying to ruthlessly break her.

Beyond repair.

I opened my eyes and was met with darkness. I picked up my phone and checked the time, squinting due to the brightness. 3:24 A.M. Way too early. I let sleep take back over

~10:48 A.M.~

"Angel, want to go get some breakfast?" Andy asked, shutting the empty cuboard behind him. I shook my head no and continued to watch Dan and Phil.

"Ok then, I'll go myself and pick some up for you," he grinned, acting like he had just found a cure for cancer. I took his wallet out from his back pocket and only gave him enough money to buy himeself some food.

"Angel, give it back. Give it back or else," he ordered. But, because this is Andy we're talking about, I laughed a little and ran up to my room, Andy hot on my heels.

"Angel! Please give me my money! Don't make me call Ash," he pleaded. What is Ashley gonna do? Climb through my window? Tickle me until I give in? "You asked for it."

With that said, the door was kicked inwards and I was tackled by the 6'4 and 150 pound man. I rolled onto my stomach and shoved the hundred dollar bills underneath me.

"You have 20 seconds to give me my money."

I contemplated what exactly Andy could do to me. He could tickle me, he could yell at me, he could ground me, but I don't think he would ever hit me.

"Damnit Angel, you asked for it," and then he picked me up, threw me onto my hammock, and snatched the money. "You're eating, like it or not. We'll deal with your punishment later." And then he left.

Sorry it's so short, I might add more later!